View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #800
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Good to have you join the discussion! I only play in the one gameworld(RR1). I dabbled in others briefly for testing purposes but that's about it.

The World Tour Finals have been interesting so far. Blake and Allende didn't win a set, and Chinaglia only did against Allende. So those three earn the 'I'm here to collect a paycheck' award, leaving five others to contend for semifinal berths. In Group 1 Hamal Sbai runs the table, beating the only guy to win this event in almost a decade 6-4, 6-4, and a perfect 5-for-5 on break points to boot. I want some of what he's smoking. Group 2 is a three-way tie as everyone beats Blake, Pargeter beats Dudwadkar, Dudwadkar beats Karl Kaspar, and Prince Karl beats Pargeter to complete the circle. The 'Black Prince of Kaspar' is odd man out though which guarantees Dudwadkar he'll stay #2. At 29 and a half, he's pretty darned happy with that.

Semifinal matchups:

** (4) Sbai vs. (2) Dudwadkar -- Hamal's got the #4 at year-end just about wrapped up and should clinch it here. His serve should be good enough to get him through on my weakest surface, although Ritwik will be fresher which makes thing interesting.

** (5) Pargeter vs. (1) M. Kaspar -- It's a weird world when winning your round-robin ground gets you the 9-time defending champion. King Kaspar is set up better for the final couple of rounds and it's hard to see him losing this.

Looks like a Sbai-Kaspar final rematch of the group play to me. I'm not betting against the King, who is bidding here to become the oldest player ever to win this event(by almost a full year over Gorritepe).
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote