View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 05:28 PM   #834
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

World Tour Finals

Didn't, uh, go so well for my guys. I don't think I've ever had two players involved and neither make it past group stage, but that's what happened here. Dudwadkar and Chiba each won a single match. M. Kaspar and Pargeter each had two wins in the first group, while K. Kaspar was unbeaten and Sbai won the tiebreaker in the second group, a ring around the rosy as he beat Chiba and lost to Chinaglia who also lost to Chiba so all three had one win.

In the semifinals, Stuart Pargeter put up a brave fight before losing to Karl 7-5, 7-5, while Mateo dismissed Hamal Sbai much more easily. That mean an all-Kaspar final, in which Karl Kaspar solidified his grip on the #1 and snagged his first WTF title, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4.

Coming Up …

I should also mention that Amrik Kasaravalli played his first amateur a couple weeks back, making the final before losing to one of those all-skill, no-serve guys. He's got a couple more junior events before making the jump. The WTC final, Mehul's last competition, is coming up in a couple of weeks and then the end-of-year stuff. I'm still going the make him a trainer after that's over … no point in waiting and he's still on target to be ready that week. I've decided that in order to optimize my new players though(hopefully), I'm going to wait until a few months into the new year for the Reaping. That will also give me time to do a synopsis of his career, and I want to put together a comprehensive strategy guide as a legacy type of thing. So all that will be gradually coming out over the next couple of real-life weeks.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote