View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 03:13 AM   #971
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The Quest for 8.9 Continues
Age 19 Comparison

Forgot about this. Our hero - well mine really, ya'll have a vested interest in him failing in a number of cases - recently turned 19 years of age.

** Prakash Mooljee - 80/53/1
** Ritwik Dudwadkar - 79/55/0
** Sushant Chiba - 78/56/2
** Amrik Kasaravalli - 73/57/0
** Satyagit Guha - 59/47/79
** Nasir Chittoor - 77/60/0

Satyagit Guha probably takes 2-3 years more to max out his doubles, and will continue to fall behind further in the meantime. Also, by this point in Kasaravalli's career it was really starting to become clear that he wasn't going to be able to keep up the normal pace. The top three are closer, with Dudwadkar slightly ahead of Mooljee/Chiba.

Nasir Chittoor is where he was at 18 - a nose in front but not by that much. I figure him to be 1.5k to 2k points of experience better than Dudwadkar, an amount that is very slowly increasing. It's not a huge difference, and the next couple years or so will be telling in whether he can extend that at all. My best guess is that it slowly grows and he stays about one skill train ahead, but it depends on a lot of things not all of which are in my control. I'll need to do a little better to reach 8.9.

I'm also looking forward to future battles with Tommy Fitzpatrick in particular. That's nothing against anyone else's players but Fitzpatrick is superior to Chittoor but also 7 months older. If neither of us massively screws up, there could be the best high-level #1 vs. #2 battle between those two that I've seen in this game when they reach their peak 7-8 years from now. A lot of time and there may well be other rivals I don't know about … but both should reach the 8.85 range or higher. Being so close in age, they wouldn't just be passing each other by like Perez and Hart will be doing soon, one ascending and the other descending. Unlike Iglar-Mehul or Kaspar-Chiba, it would likely be close enough not to be completely one-sided. So I'm definitely really looking forward to that rivalry materializing. Won't be much of a thing until we get to at least the upper Challenger echelons, so it's more of a long-distance thing ATM.

Also, I'm going to be using the list of players in our growing club - a good use of the thing even if it ends up being good for nothing else - as a supplement in the 'make sure you mention these players' when I do the regular ranking lists. Already some new names in their to look at, so for those among the Anilophiles, I'll make sure all of your players that aren't clearly over the hill end up featuring.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-18-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote