View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 02:51 AM   #1391
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Year 103 Rankings, My Stable

188. Aparna Chandrasekharan (22, SRI, 99%, 7.16, +0.58)

I said this 12 months ago:

- 'Chandrasekharan's progress this year is key to our chances of returning to the WTC. I expect him to be near the top of the futures heap, say 300th roughly'.

It was key, and he exceeded my expectations. On paper he is not yet the equal of Srivastava, but he will surpass him this year. Aparna is still at his physical peak though he should start receding from that - I expected it to have started already. For a guy that once had trouble breaking into the Amateur ranks though, he's doing very well.

204. Sushant Srivastava (26, SRI, 90%, 7.27, +0.12)

I wasn't as good with this call;

- "I'm revising my estimate for his peak somewhat higher; I think Sushant could well be able to crack the Top 100 as a mid-level Challengers player."

Yeah, probably not. Sushant hasn't peaked yet, but he's close to it. At 4.4 skill/3.1 service, he dropped from 4.4 to 4.3 skill multiple times this year before sticking. A reliable sign that it's becoming difficult for him to improve, and I think the apex will happen some time this year. Getting back in the WTC will help give him an experience boost though for sure.

The main question is whether he'll continue the futures-Challenger yo-yo, or stick at the higher tier a little bretter.

914. Manoj Datar (35, SRI, 67%, 6.18, -0.24)

On the vital trainer side, 4.37 which is +0.12. It looks like another year and a half before he's ready to go, which isn't as soon as we'd like still but it's not too much of a delay. On the court for now ... well, it's starting to get ugly and I imagine soon it'll be just the doubles side even keeping Manoj in futures.

11 (J). Girish Raychaudhari (17, SRI, 87%, 5.57, +0.97)

Time to see what Raychaudhari can do in his final junior year. He's Amateur-ready right now, and probably will have to dip back into that a bit before going Futures. As usual, the goal is to hang as long as possible in the elite junior events before making the jump. It's always a challenge against more physically developed opponents.

Manager Ranking

Steadily moving up. 54th (+15) with 5.19k points (+2.22k).

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 02-24-2023 at 03:02 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote