View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I need to decide where to send more colonists. A few ideas:

Santo Amaro – The link between Rio and Sao Vincente, it’s another sugar province. No reason not to maximize our connection. There are 1000 natives here with a low aggressive ness and a 65 chance of taking initially, which jumps significantly after you set up, obviously. The taxbase here is just one, however.

Tahiti – Way out in the Pacific we discovered Tahiti. It’s a spice province with 1000 natives of a low aggressiveness. It would take us 551 days to settle here, but there’s a 75% chance of taking initially. It would help us navigate around the world to have a colony in the Pacific. Tax value of 3.

Mosquito – A province on the east coast of Central America, this coffee province features 2000 natives of low aggressiveness, a tax value of two and a 69% chance of taking with our first colonists. This province is adjacent to the Mayans.

Taiwan – Want a valuable province no matter how long it takes to send colonists, how aggressive the natives are, or how close you are to China? Then go for Taiwan.

Mataram – High taxvalue of 8 meets spices meets large number of natives meets long travel time and some aggressive ness on part of natives.

Mauritus – An island in the southeast Indian Ocean, this is a sugar province with 500 natives and no aggressiveness. This colony would have a good taxvalue in 5. A 78% chance of taking with our colonists meets 483 days lead time.

Cape – Adjacent to Little Karoo. This is a wine province with no aggressiveness natives and just 500 of them. It also has a 7 taxvalue, and 358 day travel time and 78% chance of taking. Mauritus would be better because of the trade value of sugar vs wine, but Cape has the higher taxvalue and would set up more quickly.

Bahamas – An unclaimed cotton province near Turks Islands. This place features 5000 natives, so it would become a nice province quickly. They are of medium aggressivenss, so we’d need to concentrate on colonizing here as fast as possible. The taxvalue is a 2, which is lower than I’d like, and the chance to take is 68%. I’ve seen better.

I’ve also found some gold provinces in exotic places like near Kamchatka and near Alaska.

Looks like my real options are Cape, Santo Amaro, Bahamas, and Tahiti. The others are in places that are either worse than one of those four options or do not help me as much geographically.

I decide to axe the Bahamas. It’s low taxvalue, gamble with the natives, and commitment to work on it to the exclusion of finishing Halmahera makes it an unruly choice. I don’t want both Halmahera and Tahiti on my queue – takes too long. That leaves Cape or Santo Amaro.

Both are adjacent to current colonies. After careful consideration I decide to send out colonists to Cape.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote