View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #256
Radii
Head Coach

I wanted to put together a quick depth chart showing who is currently on the roster, listing positions that might reasonably be played (Stelios Nikolaou can play DMR but will it ever really happen? Probably not, so he's not listed there). For our loaners we are simply looking for upgrades and guys that can hopefully come in and make a major impact for a season. With our wage budget should we choose to use it, I need to make sure I fill any depth holes.

GK: Lynch/Martin

DL: Nikolaou/Williams/Thomas (Williams/Thomas primarily DC)

DC: Smith/Williams/Thomas/Taylor/Fenton

DR: Ogogo/Taylor

DMC: Taylor/Arter/Herd/Smith

MC: Upson/O'Sullivan/Pulis/Herd

AML: Collins/Harsanyi

AMR: Downes/???

ST: Subotic/Harsanyi

Depth and/or a potential upgrade at AMR is our biggest need. Our backups behind Ogogo at DR are all starters at other positions. That's not the greatest thing in the world either.

Most of my feelers for loans so far have been Attacking Mids and Strikers, though I have looked at a couple defenders and have been shot down quickly.

-- July 11th, more loan offers rejected. It feels like we're having a harder time getting the type of guy we want in this year.

League Cup Draw

We draw a home game, but its against Championship League side Coventry City. We don't stand much chance of advancing, but hopefully we'll draw a bunch of fans in for the day.

Friendly #1

We play 5 total friendlies this year. The other 4 are at home and will make us $20k+, tehy were all offered by higher up English sides wanting a warmup. This one sees us travelling across the world to make $25k ourselves, playing a team called Marist.

Ogogo, Herd, and Martin are injured and not playing today. Since we're still working on filling out our roster a few guys have to go 90 minutes, we tell them to take it easy.

Marist 1 : 1 Woking

We should have won, generating 3 clear cut chances to their 0. They took 5 shots, all from long range, but one Lynch mishandled. Our goal came in the second half, Pulis took a free kick, it deflected off hte Wall and Aswad Thomas was there to head it home. I only watched key highlights, Collins generated a couple very nice looks and Downes seemed to do pretty well.

Downes was hurt in the game today and he will miss 5-8 days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote