View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #259
Radii
Head Coach

New Loaner

Our third loaner comes on the 15th in the amusing name of AMR/ST Abdulai Bell-Baggie, a 22 year old Ghanan currently on Reading's reserve squad. Good stamina, pace, fitness and accelleration (14 sta, the rest 13). His Flair (17) and Determination (14) and composure (12) give me hope that he can create some shots and have the composure to drill them. He's good with the ball (11 dribbling), and equally adept at passing and finishing (10 each). When playing out on the right he can send a solid cross in as well. He'll get his shot first at striker for sure though.

New Signing

Welcome DR Craig Alcock to the club. Alcock comes over from Rochdale, as they let his contract expire. He was asking for about $1200/wk but was willing to take $975/wk. He's 26 years old, and looks to be a solid backup for Agogo, covering the concern that i had that all my depth at DR came from starters at other positions. Adcock has solid physical attributes, everything over 9, his pace is only at 9 which is a bit of a worry. Mentally he's very strong, 16 aggression, 15 bravery, 12 determination, 12 positioning and 14 teamwork. 14 tackling and 11 marking, 10 heading, 10 first touch all seem very solid, and his 9 passing and crossing are acceptable as my DR's play up a bit and feed the ball forward a fair amount.

Ogogo had a period last year where he was very inconsistent. I'm happy to have a guy like this who I can insert into the lineup for a change of pace if I need to.

New Signing

Likely to be our last free transfer signing for now, we bring on Midfielder Makhtar N'Diaye. He can play AML, AMR, and MC. He's 32 y/o and in the decline of his career. He has been a solid contributor in Leauge 1 for the last 5 years though, so hopefully there's a bit more he can do here.

I almost rejected this signing once we picked up AMR and AML loaners, but i just really like the looks of the guy. He lacks a little pace compared to out other AM's, just 9 pace/12 accel, but he's just solid across the board. work rate, teamwork, positioning, off the ball play, determination, creativity, aggression, bravery, composure, all between 12 and 14. Crossing 14, Dribbling 11, Passing 9, Long Shots 14 (interesting for an AM). He just seems like a guy we have a use for.

Most importantly, N'Diaye is willing to come on as a backup for $875/wk. So if he doesn't add a lot to the team, we haven't really lost a whole lot.

Friendly #2

We give a look to most of our new guys today, starting Acock at DR, Taylor at DMC, Collins at AML, Kenny at AMR, and Bell-Baggie at ST.

QPR score twice in a very short span in the first half. We get one back after subs are made in the second half. Harsanyi at AML makes a great run and draws two defenders out of position before placing a good ball to Subotic who was able to beat the keeper. Lynch played well, stopping 3 clear cut chances and making many saves.

Woking 1 : 3 QPR
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote