View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #268
Radii
Head Coach

August 23th, 2014

Woking (2-0-1) @ Wycombe(0-1-2)

Same as our last match, Wycombe are 4:5 favorites, we are 3:1 dogs here. In 2 matches last year, we played Wycombe to two scoreless draws. Wycombe finished 5th last year before losing in the playoffs. They are off to a poor start this season without a win to date.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Thomas/Williams/Ogogo
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/Pulis
AM: Harsanyi/Kenny
ST: Subotic

Thomas in for Smith, Pulis in for O'Sullivan, Harsanyi in for Collins are our lineup changes from the last match. We open things up defensively.

4': Nice move at the start, we control the midfield for some time, forward to kenny, a run down the right side... a long cross to the far post to Harsanyi, he's behind the defense but too deep, he lofts it back into the middle of the penalty area, Subotic with the header, saved easily.

23': After the opening sequence everything is in Wycombe's offensive end. They have a 60/40 possession edge. Only 2 shots, 1 on target, but the pressure is there.

30': A solid through ball by Wycombe after a quick attack, our players are bitching about an offsides... I am agreeing watching the replay! They generate an easy look and the first goal of the match with this through ball right up the middle. I didn't catch the name of the scorer. 0-1

33': We earn a corner and its taken to the far post to Subotic, he gets his head on it and the keeper is out of position, but its over the bar.

36': A great individual effort by Kenny, he beats two men with a long run down the right side, crosses, but Subotic heads it over again.

39': Long ball down the left side to Subotic, the defense is scampering to get back, Subotic runs hard into the area, two defenders converge, Subotic with a little cross to the other side of the arae, and Upson is there! GOAL!! 1-1

43': We earn a corner. Taken by Upson, its to the far post, Thomas comes charging in and times his leap perfectly, a very powerful header that blows by the keeper!!! 2-1

47': Goal kick by Lynch, Subotic heads it on into the penalty area. A defender picks it up... but just holds it instead of clearing it behind. Harsanyi charges him, takes the ball away and fires a quick shot that beats the keeper! Huge, huge mistake by the Wycombe defender. We score 3 goals in the final 15 minutes of the first half!!! 3-1

HALF: What a performance so far! Wycombe stlil dominates possession, 60/40. They take 7 shots, just 3 on target. We take 10 shots, 4 on target, only one is a clear cut strike, we've made some very very nice plays to get our goals, I love what I'm seeing here with 3 different goal scorers.

We have been in a defensive mindset the whole tiem. We obviously stay there, expecting them to push hard. I debate changing to a counter attacking mode, but why change what works. If they push too hard and we can stop them we will generate more chances.

72': We've only seen one highlight so far. A poor free kick effort from Wycombe.

75': Taylor is hurt. Arter is in for him. N'Diaye in for Upson, Bell-Baggie in for Subotic.

78': Our first offensive highlight of the half shows Harsanyi placing a nice cross into the area, Kenny puts a header just over.

I'm happier with the second half than the first! Up two goals, expecting them to press and shoot a ton on us... we somehow only allow one shot to be taken in the final 45 minutes. We completely shut them down.

Wycombe 1 : 3 Woking

Ed Upson is clearly man of the match today, 1 goal/1 assist, 9.0 rating. Other goals come from Harsanyi (7.7) and Thomas (7.9). Subotic has an asist and an 8.3 rating. One goal was unassisted. Other notables: Ogogo (7.1), Nikolaou (7.3), Kenny (8.1).

We are 3-1 to start the season. Remember we started hot last year and cooled off drastically. I really like the play I'm seeing so far though!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote