View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #335
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
Sundancer- i follow the league pretty closely. Basically Rupert Lowe is an idiot. In the last 12 months he has gone thru 3 managers (Harry Redknapp is awsome and they are lucky to have him). They sold their 2 best players in Wayne Bridge and James Beattie, They seem to have ambitions of just staying in the league and not try to win it. Hopefully Redknapp will be able to add to the squad and players like Prutton and Crouch will not be sold in the next 12 months. When teams sell players and don't reinvest in the squad it is a morale killer. Last season they were drinking from the Steve Wigley kool-aid but suddenly this season he is an idiot(not my thoughts on the man) and was fired in the early part of the season, enter caretaker manager(i forgot his name still may be an assisstant with the club), all the while the team doesn't play with the passion and when that happens your not going to win at the top level(forget the fact that they are not the most talent team in the league).

Imho Harry Redknapp may very well avoid relagation and that is a massive achievment. Peter Crouch has been with a few clubs and has been inconnistant to put it nicely. Now he is looking like he could challenge the league leaders in goals next season. If you watch the team now they are playing to win every game. That wasn't the case before Redknapp took over.

Are you referring to Southampton? I actually meant them in Eaglefan's dyansty. They finished fourth the previous season, and qualified for Champions League play.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote