View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 AM   #153
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

I arrrive at the ballpark, head into my office. On my way, I stick my head into Howser's office and say, "Dick, come by my office in a minute, I got something to ask you."

"I'll be by in 5 minues."

"That'd be great, it'll give me time to dress out."

I head to my office and start putting on my uniform. I'm almost completely dressed out when Howser walks in.

"What's up Benton?" he asks.

As I tie my shoes I say, "I asked Treacy to take balls at third last night, how'd he do?"

Howser rolls his eyes, "Well he survived."

"That good?" I ask as I begin looking around for my hat.

"It wasn't pretty. I don't think he fielded anything cleanly. He's probably pretty black and blue this morning."

"So playing him at third isn't a good idea?"

"I wouldnt' recommend it unless we have the plague or something and he's all you got left."

I look up from my search and give him a quizical look.

"OK he's better than that, but as long as Palmer and Fouts are healthy, even if they aren't hitting you have to play one of them. If you put Treacy over their he could kill us defensively."

I nod, "That's what I wanted to know. I'm sorry to hear that, that would have given me a spot where Treacy could have stolen some at bats."

Still looking around, "Have you seen my hat?"

"I saw one on the table outside your office, did you leave it there last night?"

"I thought I left it on my desk," I say as I head that way. I look at the hat and sure enough it's mine. I put it on and say, "So who should we play at 3rd tonight?"

"I don't know. It's pretty much a toss up."

I start scratching my head, "I was thinking of giving Palmer another start, but Fouts can bat left against the right handed pitcher...." I stop talking.

Howser looks at me funny. "You ok," he querries?

I take my hat off, and smell the inside of it, I rub my head and feel a slighty greasy substance. "I think I know why my hat was out here.," I say as I quickly duck back into my office and head for my private bathroom.

Howser walks behind me starting to laugh, guessing at what just transpired. As he walks through my office door, he looks back down into the lockerroom and sees several relief pitchers high-fiving and laughing. He walks into the bathroom and sees me attempting to wash my forehead off with soap.

"Got something in your hat?" he asks with a huge smirk. "Guess some of the guys are bored."

I laugh, "I guess so, now get out, My head is on fire and I'm going to have to get in a shower to get all this mess off."

Last edited by Breeze : 10-28-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote