View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 05:47 AM   #39
Rawhide
High School Varsity

Our tenth season begins with our staff staying intact.

We won't pick until midway through the second round. Barcelona has our 11th overall pick after the Joe Delaney trade.

The Colts take Bernie Kosar with the first overall pick. Our first pick is defensive end Earl Wilson.

The whole off-season is a bit of a snooze, to be honest. We have a ton of trade offers for Joe Delaney, but they're all rejected.

We are ranked #1 heading into the season. I wonder why?

With a quarter of the season gone we are 2-2. Our two losses are by a combined three points. Montana is on pace to throw 40 touchdowns. If he does, he will be the first since Terry Bradshaw threw 41 scores in 1980.

Halfway through, 4-4. Half a game behind Houston, who are 5-4. Our two losses were by one point and then four. If nothing else, we are competitive - right in every game.

Well, that little competitive streak ends when the Pats blow us out 23-3 at home. We then lose at Barcelona, and our season is basically over. We haven't won at Nou Camp since 1982.

Looking at the standings, maybe we are still in this. All the other teams sit at 5-5, we are 4-6. We go to St Louis and the 8-2 Cardinals continue their great season beating us 24-14.

The season of disappointment is underlined when the Raiders get their second win of the season, holding us to a single field goal in the process.

The rest of the season is basically a blur. And it's over.

AFC Championship Game
San Diego Chargers 28
Toronto Huskies 23

NFC Championship Game
San Francisco 49ers 30
Green Bay Packers 10

Super Bowl XX
San Diego Chargers 28
San Francisco 49ers 22

NFL Awards
MVP - Eric Dickerson (Houston Oilers RB)
Super Bowl MVP - Edgerrin Cope (San Diego Chargers QB)
Offensive Player of the Year - Eric Dickerson (Houston Oilers RB)
Defensive Player of the Year - Gary Barbaro (Kansas City Chiefs SS)
Offensive Rookie of the Year - Herschel Walker (New York Jets RB)
Defensive Rookie of the Year - Bret Clark (Houston Oilers SS)

We have three players named to the All-League First Team.
QB Joe Montana
WR Tim Smith
ILB Karl Mecklenberg

And thus ends ten years of Monarchs football.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote