View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #131
Radii
Head Coach

January 16, 2010

Maryland-Eastern Shore(6-7, 1-2 MEAC) at NC A&T (5-9, 1-2 MEAC)

Scouting

This is the game we need to get out of this slump, in theory. A home game against the worst rated team in the league. UMES is rated 62 overall and is not better than us in any facet of the game, even defense.

PG Marc Davis – 61 OVR – JR - good speed and handling, not a huge scoring threat unless he gets hot, but he is averaging 11 points per game.
SG Roland Dunston – 57 OVR – JR – Like Davis but a bit slower and a bit worse of a shooter. 4 ppg
SF Kerwin Sato – 54 OVR – SO – A pretty awful shooter, but he tends towards shooting the 3, which should be great for us. 7 ppg.
PF Ishmawiyl McFadden – 61 OVR – JR – Yes,that is how they spell is name in game. Good from close range, good strength and rebounding. Decent post defender. 12 ppg/9 rpg.
C Gordon Del Rosario – 56 OVR – C – An ok close range shooter. Awful in the post. Hayes needs to destroy this guy. 5.6 ppg/7.0 rebounds. 6'8”

We may try a zone against these guys too as Davis and Dunston both heavily lean towards driving to the hoop over shooting from outside. Their SF is interesting, as he's 6'10”. Since he seems such a poor player, I'm going to see if our zone can keep him from scoring, while on offense Shiloh can use his speed to get by him.
Half
Time
NC A&T
UMES
Notes
14:30
If we don't get out to a massive lead and quick sim this I'm going to be annoyed. We're so much better than them at every level.
13:00
Backups are in.
8:51
They finally score again. Its been at least 5 ½ minutes, I think quite a bit more than that.

HALF
Yeah, this is what we needed.

12 from Alston, 11 from Ewing, 6 from Hayes. Coleman has 9 boards, Hayes 8. Cruz scored 9 off the bench.

Really no reason to waste time in the 2nd half.

NC A&T 81
Delaware State 49

They shot 27% from the field for the game. Not much else that can be said about that.

Alston: 17 points
Ewing: 16 points
Shiloh: 5 points
Coleman: 10 points/16 rebounds
Hayes: 12 points/15 rebounds

We needed that to end our 7 game losing streak. Back on track hopefully!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote