View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:57 AM   #194
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
A bunch of MSU fans I know complaining about where they are in the bracket. What do they want?

There are no easy roads, but even before the conference championship game they deserved to be where Michigan is, and vice versa. I say that as a Michigan fan. By beating the Wolverines twice, they at least earned the right to not be in the region with the overall #1 instead of the 'lowest' #1. I think they have a small, but legit beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
I can't help but think what mighty bad things Duke would do to either of 'em.

Win a close game probably, and quite possibly lose? I think Duke has the highest ceiling of any team in the country, but at the same time they lost twice to UNC - yes, without Zion but they almost lost to them with him and might well have lost the first game if he'd not gotten hurt. I think the celebration of Williamson's phenomenal play is sort of causing some things to get lost. Namely that they do still have a tendency to go hero-ball and lose the thread a fair amount. They're young, so that's no railing criticism but only the fact that Tre Jones is so mature for his age by all appearances make them even a favorite IMO. Wouldn't shock me at all to see a bad performance or somebody gets in foul trouble and then everybody will be talking about them being overhyped - and being half-wrong then too. I think Duke is too feared in some quarters this year.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote