View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #607
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I mentioned DFS earlier.

Off to a great start cashing in a bunch of tournaments last night.

I also won a $7 satellite in to their weekly $444 buy in $444K guaranteed tournament. First place is 100K, 1100 entrants. Rationally I know my investment is only $7, but I never play in a tournament for a buy in so high, $50 is about as high as I go, and usually play anywhere from $100-$200/ night. I play in tournaments every day with similar prize pools and prizes. The difference is those have 20K entries, not 1K, so you get a good lineup and you have a legit shot at huge money, just cashing pays $800, which I would be ecstatic with.

I have never been so stressed building a lineup, second guessing myself like crazy. I also usually run 5-10 different lineups in tournaments. Today I only did one. I couldn't handle it if the one I entered in the big tournament sucked and another one I had was good enough to cash, or even take it down.

For transparency here is my line up, barring any scratches from late games.

Marquez
Molina
Wong
Turner
DeJung
Pollock
Trout
Kiki
Freese

Went with Marquez due to cheaper salary than Cole, and his matchup against the MArlins in a pitchers park. Stacked the Dodgers 1-4, all guys who hit lefties well. Trout is Trout, and The Cards get a park boost against a guy who can be wild. The one guy I left off was Goldschmidt. I had to basically decide Trout or Goldy, and went Trout. He faces an extreme fly ball pitcher and took an 0-fer last night, so ownership could be down.

I think the Red Sox are a wild card on this slate, and Toronto/ Detroit will have a lot of high owned, cheap players.

Wish me luck.

Last edited by Lathum : 03-29-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote