View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

90 pages in 60 days: Norv takes a stab at the Nicholls Fellowship

i was cleaning up my hard drive and found some of my old screenplays and remembered that the nicholls fellowship is coming up. the nicholls fellowship is a screenwriting competition put on by the academy of motion pictures to find up and coming screenwriters. out of thousands of entries they pick 5 winners who receive a one year 30k endowment to work more extensively on their writing.

quite a few writers have gone on to success after winning the competition including bragi schut who wrote 'season of the witch'(it's not his fault the execution sucked) and mike rich who wrote 'finding forrester' and 'secretariat'.

it's a huge opportunity but an insanely competitive one. i've entered the competition before but never made it past the first round. i'd love to chalk that up to poor luck but in truth my scripts haven't been very good.

so in an attempt to keep myself motivated i thought i'd start a dynasty chronicling my progress from notes to final draft. i don't know how compelling it will be (the thread. or my script. ba dum bum) but thoughts and feedback are welcome.

NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote