View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
thanks. i appreciate the encouragement.
  • i got a lot done today. i sketched out a rough outline on paper. writing things down physically lets me draw timelines and charts and such.
  • i think i have a few good characters etched out but the protagonist needs a lot of work. i have her character arc mapped but i'm still not sure who she is.
  • i'm struggling with getting a lot of exposition out without relying on flashbacks, dream sequences and long narratives.
  • i'm not reinventing the wheel with the story. there's too much background shit going on and i really just want to focus on the characters and trying to invoke emotion.
  • i think i'm going to change the setting from mountaintop to secluded mountain town. it works better and is easier for the reader to visualize.
  • robots! i didn't really wanna go full blown science fiction but i wanted something patrolling the perimeter of the entrance to the underground city and having humans do it was too troublesome to the plot. i'm thinking some iteration of those creepy as fuck darpa dogs-

-is it science fiction if the shit really exists? idk.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote