View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

well, there's a saying about writing, 'don't get it right, get it written.' with that in mind i have in fact been barreling through. i'm at page 50 of what i anticipate will be about 100 pages.

i'd put my satisfaction with it so far at about a 3/10. but metaphorically speaking at least there's a hunk of clay on the potters wheel now.

where i'm at now, the second half of act 2, is going to be the hardest part. moreover it's where most scripts/movies fail. act 3 is a huge action set piece which i've had mapped out from the beginning. getting there, and getting there in an interesting way is going to be a challenge.

it's not high concept but i am trying to screw with convention. for instance themes in movies are always stated in the first 5 minutes (inception: an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone) and so is mine, but i hope it's ambiguous enough that people misconstrue it until the end.

also, i'm trying to do a bunch of 'head fakes' before the inciting incident. ie: the tornado hits dorothy's house but instead of going to oz she just wakes up, dusts herself off and goes back to the farm. oh well, just another tornado. it may fall flat but, idk, it's interesting to me. i try to imagine myself as someone who reads scripts for a living and sees the same formula over and over. it must get boring.

and of course the protag and antag sharing the same goal. which, if i don't get act 2 right will be a complete failure.

as always i looked for a page or 2 to post, but hate them all. here's phoebe cates

Last edited by NorvTurnerOverdrive : 02-25-2011 at 12:35 PM.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote