View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #66
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
For the schools that are delaying an opening to better prepare, what the fuck have they been doing the past 5 months?

From what I've read regarding Rhode Island, we don't have the supplies, and the federal government is dragging its feet. Also waiting to see if we can get increased transportation from the National Guard (which I thought was interesting).

With the cases going back up here, they decided they are not at a point where they can make a decision. So they pushed the decision date (this week) back two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
That must be really tough. Are you also expected to have a plan in place for remote instruction?

No idea. We're in the dark. I can't even speculate on what's going on. The plan from the Governor is full in-person. But even before the announcement is made later today, one of the towns has already annouced they're starting the year with distance learning. And they aren't a town that has been hit overly hard with the virus. Where I live (Pawtucket and Providence) are the hardest hit areas in the state currently. There's no way we can be in-person, probably even in a month.

Our administrators are scrambling, because there was no indication on this until yesterday.

To be perfectly honest, as someone who gets sick really easily, I'm terrified of going back. And as someone who deals with severe anxiety...well, this is already ripping me up pretty good. So...yeah, not a great time for me, emotionally speaking.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote