View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 12:51 PM   #88
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Allow me to borrow this to make something clear (in case it wasn't)

Get down into the nitty gritty of specialized software, a certain amount of training (and moreso really, time hands-on) is going to be necessary to become truly proficient. I get that.

I've been through multiple changes in music scheduling software, commercial scheduling software, accounting software (including two instances where systems ran parallel for 9-12 months, requiring double the normal amount of work), ratings & media buying software. A couple of those were custom builds too, just adding to the fun. You get to be end-user, customer, AND unpaid beta tester all at the same time. All of which had their own unique quirks, etc and so forth.

But that's not the level of issues that set me off earlier.

That was about not knowing ass from hole in ground about fucking Zoom, which has been at the forefront of discussion since the planet first lost its mind.

I hear you, I was just giving you an example of the level of ineptness. I agree teachers should be semi experts with Zoom by now. I have to also acknowledge that based on surveys and polls in July, half of the community did not believe we would be doing any online schooling at all. So I could see teachers if they were a part of that half not giving Zoom a second thought since logging off in May.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote