View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #91
Izulde
Head Coach

We're 2 days in-person, 3 days virtual here with the students split into two cohorts to halve the student population. Teachers are in-classroom all five days (one day is a virtual-only day), which I'm perfectly fine with. It'll help students to see the normalcy of the classroom, I think. Of course, the politics of this area mean that's only in place until mid-September, after which the school board will reassess. I have a hunch we'll be switching to five days in-person at that point, unless something happens.

Side note: I have my very own classroom, it turns out. I nearly cried when my mentor (who is an awesome, helpful, skilled person) informed me that no, it wasn't a shared room, but all my own. Years of sharing a desk with multiple people (if that much at all) and going to that... It was incredible, and I wished I could call Mom and tell her all about it (and get classroom makeover ideas).

Oddly, I'm not as nervous about it as I otherwise would be. This is a rural community that hasn't been majorly affected by it. The last time I saw any numbers drilled down to that level was 13 active cases, and that was a few weeks ago.

Masks and social distancing will be required, and all of the staff I've seen has strictly adhered to those policies. So I'm cautiously hopeful we'll be able to ride out the storm.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote