View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 09:52 PM   #94
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Purely anecdotal -- kid got his second test results back in time to be able to attend class on Thursday. The school administered test results back within 24h. The state health administered one still no results back after six days.

edit to update -- Orrrrr, not. HE'S fine but tomorrow's class is online only now, thanks to a university crackdown on a large chunk of his section classmates (freshman law cohort is divided into three sections, who then all have classes with the same subgroup of people).

Last week he missed a socially distanced restaurant/bar outing because he had to be home for his landlord to come by and check a couple of minor repairs. The following day about half those who attended went to a private bbq function they'd planned the night before. Somebody ratted the group out to the university and they've all been placed on quarantine, meaning there weren't enough available to justify the in-person class. So all the extra rigamarole he went through to get the test stuff done turned out to be pointless.

Which, frankly, is how I'm starting to feel about him bothering to go to Miami

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-19-2020 at 11:51 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote