View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #227
Radii
Head Coach

-- Chlesea beats Arsenal 2-0 to win the league cup final.

-- I praise Williams and Subotic in the media, both of them are pleased w/ the praise and feel they are playing well.

March 8th, 2014

Woking (10-13-12, 15th) @ Northampton (10-11-14, 17th)

This one matters a lot for our final position in the league. Realistically we could finish anywhere between 14th and 20th. If we got really hot as high as 11th might not be impossible. Northampton are slight favorites today, 6:4 vs 13:8. We beat them 2:0 at our place when we were super hot back in October.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sulllivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Pablo/Subotic

The only change from our last match is Upson is back in the lineup, Pulis is out. We'll open defensively on the road.

1': We move the ball forward right away, Subotic with it around the 20 yard mark, he pushes it ahead for Downes, they get to it and clear it back. On the corner Subotic puts a header off the crossbar, doh!

8': Subotic picks up an injury, he can stay in but he gets the "injured" symbol over his head, I fear this hurting his momentum, bleh.

22': A Northampton attacker controls the ball about 18 yards out, he does all the work himself to generate a shot, Lynch makes a diving save and we clear it out, nice shot attempt.

38': Downes is hurt... he can stay in as well and its just in game hopefully, no injury symbol for him. Not a lot of action either to speak of.

44': Midfielder Byles for Northampton picks up a yellow for holding on to O'Sullivan's shirt. I thought this could have been a red for preventing a breakaway, but no.

HALF: Pretty even and boring so far. We haev 3 shots, 2 on target, they have 6 shots but 3 of them long and only 1 on target. I bring Harsanyi in for Subotic due to the injury.

60': We build up in the midfield a bit, Nikolaou ahead to Jesus, he runs at the penalty area, draws a defender and pushes the ball foward to Upson. Upson has a great look from about 17 yards away, the keeper just gets a hand to it and deflects it over. Corner comes to nothing.

67': A yellow for A northampton defender. We take the free kick from 30 ayrds out and earn a corner out of it as we try to cross it into the area. Corner is cleared.

70': Ademola in for a tired Downes.

76': O'Sullivan with a yellow for a tackle on the offensive end.

87': Nikolaou is hurt... he can stay in and will since its so late but that's two injuries today.

92': They have a throw in deep in their defensive end... they try to clear it but we intercept the ball and start the attack. O'Sullivan places a very nice long ball into the area. Pablo is right there, its an obvoius clear cut chance for us, and Pablo sends it way wide left. "That should have been a goal"

The match ends with "Pablo has to feel he could haev won that for Woking today"

sigh!

Northampton 0 : 0 Woking

A draw on the road is ok again... but we had chances. Christian Smith is man of the match with a 7.4 rating. Ogogo and Nikolaou put up 7.4 as well, Jesus 7.3, Upson 7.1. The usual suspects really.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote