Thread: ATBL (OOTP 14)
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

C Steve Schmitt, 24 years old. He had a historically bad season last year, but he is young and still has room to grow. I have to stick with him.
1B Cristobal Marquez, 29 years old. He did reasonably well for me last year.
2B Francisco Soriano, 23 years old. Another guy who is young and has time to develop.
3B Alex Loder, 29 years old. Our best homerun hitter
SS Ernie Banks, 24 years old. Had a nice off season. I really need him to be great.
LF Mike Savage, 30 years old. Was one of our better players last year.
CF Brian Cox, 27 years old. Very disappointing last year but seems to have the talent to be a middle of the order type guy.
RF Jasper Boyce, 32 years old. League average.
DH Stanford Walker, 25 years old. Last year's Rookie of the Year. I expect great things!

So our lineup is exactly the same as last year. Our bench has a lot more depth to it, for whatever that is worth. I see a better team here, but still not great.

We won 72 games last year and I would like to see that get up to 80 this year. The experts predict us to win 82 and finish 2nd again, but this time only by a few games. The wildcard seems unlikely as there are some good teams in the Northeast Division, but my division is weak and I could grab the division with some luck and some unexpected performances. I don't know if I can win a playoff series, so division title is the ceiling. I would say 72 wins is the floor because we are better on paper, but injuries etc. can pop up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2127 lineup.jpg (377.5 KB, 32 views)

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote