View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Big Six
High School Varsity

7 October 2006

The Majors are off to a strong start, with a 4-2-1 record after seven games. One big reason why: the play of captain Jack McIntosh. He's tied for the top spot on the OHL scoring table, with 7 goals, 8 assists, and 15 points in seven contests. Jack was named the OHL Player of the Week today.

Captain Jack has endeared himself to Majors fans in another way, too. He's a fearless and effective fighter who has dropped the gloves three times and won them all. McIntosh's 33 PIM ranks him second in the league, behind teammate Pat Hickey, who has already spent 49 minutes in the box. Pat is also unvanquished in three fights, but I'd like him to cut down quite a bit on the minor penalties.

We hired a new assistant GM this week, too. Al Lalonde brings to the club a sharp eye for evaluating talent and projecting the future ability of young players. And, while we were at it, we added another assistant coach to our staff. Varian Brooks was looking for an assistant GM position, but when I saw how much talent he has as a coach, I offered him a job and he took it. Varian is 30, and his youth and enthusiasm helps him relate well to the players.
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote