View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Living the Dream (DDS:CB)

Hi, everyone.

You're used to seeing me trying various projects with Football Manager, but this time I'm going to do something new.

Years ago, I played Draft Day Sports: College Basketball quite a bit. At least that's the game I thought I played. I drifted away from it; that's what a growing family will do sometimes. Well, now that my amazing offspring are old enough to be more self-sufficient (our "baby daughter" is about to turn 10), I have time to give DDS:CB another try.

Meet Aidan Harris. He's hopefully about to begin his college coaching odyssey.

Aidan grew up in Richmond, Virginia. A 6'3" guard with a silky jump shot and the ability and willingness to play resolute defense, he was good enough to possibly be a star at a Division III college. However, Aidan chose to attend his father's alma mater, the University of Virginia.

He walked on for the Cavaliers, spent four years on the team, and played exactly 106 minutes in 14 games. The student section at the John Paul Jones Arena adored him, and cheered wildly whenever he stepped onto the court. His career highlight came on a cold December night in Charlottesville, when he knocked down a pair of three-pointers in the Cavaliers' 93-49 victory over William & Mary.

Aidan took his degree in history with the Class of 2015. In the summer of 2018, he's 25, teaching history and coaching at an independent school in his home town. He has a job he enjoys, and he's good at it. He's very newly married to his UVA sweetheart, the former Kate O'Farrell. She's intelligent and vivacious, with short blonde hair and luminous green eyes, and she teaches third grade at the same private school.

If Aidan remained where he is, doing what he's doing, he wouldn't curse his fate. He's a happy man. However, if he could write the script for his life, he'd change the plot just a bit. He'd like to be a college basketball coach. Ideally, Aidan would love most to coach at his alma mater.

A few of his classmates, his closest friends, his family, and the most avid Cavs hoops junkies would remember Aidan's playing career.

Aidan hopes you'll one day remember his coaching career very, very well.

(In the DDS:CB world, I'm starting unemployed. We'll see where Aidan ends up.)

Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote