View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 12:26 AM   #10
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

July 4, 2019

Aidan and his staff watched and evaluated 10 players on film this week. Now, I have enough information to grade these players on a variety of skills, and assign each one an overall grade.

There's a lot of interesting information here! Michael Lockwood looks like he might be better than his ranking would indicate. He's apparently not very athletic, but he's got every other quality I'd like to see in a point guard.

On the other hand, Donnie Brown doesn't grade out any higher than Lockwood does. I really don't like that F he gets for Defense.

Andrew Egans, a big man whom I took a flyer on because he's from New Jersey and he's a good student, didn't grade out any higher than the other guys we evaluated. Are he and Brown really not that good, or are we really not that good at evaluating talent?

Jeremy Burns, a SG from West Virginia, was apparently flattered by our interest in him, and apparently is now more interested in what we have to offer.

Lockwood and Brown visited campus last week, and both emailed Aidan with their impressions of their visit. Here's what Lockwood said:

Brown's visit didn't go as well, and you can see that his interest has cooled.

Back to Lockwood. When we look at his recruit page, some things have changed!

We're Michael's #1 choice! Aidan is going to watch him play some summer ball this week, and he's very close to offering Michael a scholarship.

Aidan has different information about other players, who shared things about their family and their interest in things like academics, playing time, and the distance they'd like to travel from home. For example, Aidan has learned that Princeton is Jeremy Burns's second choice (but we don't know which school he'd prefer over us).
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote