View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #91
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Week 3
Atlanta 2-0 @ Washington 0-2
Our offensive line is back together again, and looking like they should be in good shape from now on. Leland has been running quite well considering we have been missing the cornerstone of our offence, so I am looking for him to do even better this week.

We are again heavily favored, as there are few positions on our teams where the 'Skins match up with us. We should be able to win this game.

I thought that Leland would be able to have a good game, but this was just insane. Leland averaged 5.2 yards per carry as he ran for 196 yards and 2 TDs. This was easily enough to name him the game's MVP as we crushed Washington 29-10.

Week 4 Tampa Bay 2-1 @ Atlanta 3-0
Our biggest rival comes into town, and there is no team that we would rather beat than the Bucs. Tampa has won two games so far this year, but they really don't look like a particularly good team. I doubt that they will win more than 7 this season, which is a shame because this has been such an exciting and heated rivalry since I took over the team. We are favored to win by 9 points.

No problem here as we roll all over the Buccaneers 35- 6. Our defense was the key, forcing three turnovers which we were able to convert into 17 points. Leland finished with a solid 4.1 yard average. He had 26 carries for 108 yards and one TD, as well as 2 catches for 22 yards and another TD.

1/4 Season Report.
We are a quarter of the way through the year, and right now we are playing great. Of course that needs to be tempered with the fact that the teams that we have played have a combined record of 5-11. Certainly we have benefited from having an easy start to the year.

We are right on track to reach all of our goals for the year. Leland has 139 carries for 602 yards and 5 TDs. If he is able to keep up this pace he would finish the year with over 2400 yards and 20 TDs. Granted that is not likely, but now is the time to dream. He is also just above my goal average of 4.3 yards per carry. Leland also has just one fumble for the year.

Our offence is doing very well to this point of the season. We are fifth in the league in scoring with 27.7 ppg. We are right in the middle of the pack in average yards per carry, but when we do throw, we do so better than all but 2 teams. On third downs we convert over 60% of the time, which is 3rd in the league.

As well as our offence is doing, our defense is looking even better. We have the #2 rushing defense in the NFL, and the #2 passing defense in the NFL. On 3rd down teams only convert 34% of the time. We only give up 8.7 ppg, which, if it holds up, would make us the best defense in the history of the league.

We have a lot of season left to play, but after four games, the fans in Atlanta are getting excited.

At the moment, we have just one player on our squad that is injured, and he is listed as probable with just one more week before being 100%.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote