View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 10:36 AM   #96
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You wander around near the port before exploring outward. The further you go, the wealthier the area appears to get.

Frenchie's Fast Foods
You find a fast food franchise close to the dock that has genetically modified animal based meals. It is edible and safe, but not so appetizing.

It's selling Meal Rations for 1 credit. Last year I passed on these because after a while, the HP for my characters was just so high I could manage without them. For now, we'll take 5.

Panhandlers on the street corner
There is a man with a dog doing tricks on the corner for those passing by. There is a hat on the ground with a small sign that reads, "Tricks for Food. Help us Eat. Bless you." Do you give them a credit?

Yes, of course. -1 credit. Reward of 1 Virtue Point.

Gertrude's Garmenta
You find a lady locked out of her used clothing shop. She appears flustered. Can you help her get inside? D20+DEX or D20+STR+Locksmith

2+4. I'm unable to help her.

Regal's Rest and Restoration
A sign on a small motel reads, "The best rest for those on a quest. Heal your aching limbs/tentacles/fins/parts. There is nothing like our rejuvenating sleep chambers. Only 3 credits." You decide to come back here after some time exploring (You'll be able to visit this place and rest tomorrow).

Randayyl's Remedies
A gentle older alien is running a small medicine and treatment stand. It's preaching against big medical companies to anyone who will listen and spouting off about how health insurance is a waste of taxpayer's hard earned credits. "My home remedies are better than what you can get at a big hospital."

Selling two items:
Antidote 4 credits, curing the "infected" condition.
Med Kit 5 credits, restoring 2d4 health.

We'll take 2 of each.

Guard ahead
Further beyond, you see a few useful shops you will visit and a tavern that may be a nice place to relax and enjoy some entertainment. However, someone dressed as a guard blocks you from going anywhere else. He is threatening and demands a toll for crossing. D20+CHA+Persuasive or D20+STR+Intimidating.

We'll try to charm him. 4+3, well, that didn't work. You give the guard 1 credit to continue onward.

Tally:
1 virtue point
5 rations
2 antidotes
2 med kits
-25 credits.

Rovin is now at 31 credits. That'll do.