View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Wow, a little over 800 years, eh?

Maybe he was the grail knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

1092 AD:

1092 was a good year for Hungary. The siege in Moldavia ended, and our plan to capture Wallachia was going as planned. The Swedish offered one of their princesses hands in marriage to the young Prince Laszlo, which we gladly accepted. Still no luck getting an audience with the Holy Roman Empire, but we are undaunted in our attempts.

I divert two units of Feudal Men at Arms to sweep through Wallachia to make the battle there less troublesome. They should still be able to Moldavia to join our eastern front in good time.

I am becoming a little concerned about the troop buildup that is occuring in Lesser Poland. Hungary is not as well defended as I would like it to be at the moment. I decide to rely on my alliance with the Polish and do not move any more troops into Hungary.

1093 AD:

We outnumber the enemy 2 to 1. No cavalry or ranged units should make this battle a breeze.

Looks like this will be an uphill march, and I will likely take a charge as I am coming up. I set my formation with my spears up front, swords flanking each side so they can wrap around the enemy as the spearmen engage each other. The Slav Warriors are kind of like shirtless peasants, but they do have a decent charge attack. I place them at the back of the formation and will have them charge the enemy in the back while they are engaged.

Things go pretty much as I expected them to, the difference being that the enemy charged my left flank earlier than I expected and caught one of my spear units out of formation. The swordsmen did their job on the flanks, and the charge from the Slav Warriors in the picture below broke the opponents morale and sent them fleeing the field. Only two Cumans escaped with their lives.

HUZZAH! Our glorious empire has won it's first battle, and our general has been rewarded for his strategical thinking in the field.

Elsewhere, the Pope has sent another 1000 florins - he is like our second hand ecomony at this point. The Venetians offer to ally their interests with ours, and we accept.

The two men that escaped the battle of Wallachia have walled themselves up in the fort. With only the two of them they should have enough provisions to last several years. I will need to send a group of men in to swat these flies off of our land.

Word has come that Princess Iolande has been granted an audience with the Holy Roman Empire. I eagerly await their response to our proposal for alliance. The recently married Prince Laszlo has reached our new eastern front in Moldavia and has taken command of the 468 men there. He will prepare the army to push further east into Levidia.

1094 AD:
Our unit of Slav Warriors proudly assaulted the fort in Wallachia and finished off the remaining 2 men that escaped battle. The province is now fully ours.

With our ecomony doing well, thanks in large part to the Pope, construction beings on a true castle in Hungary. It will cost 2000 florins and take 12 years to complete.

The Serbians to the south are a concern. They only control one province, and will surely look to expand their realm soon. Their army is led by their King and his son, both fierce warriors in battle. To try and discourage any potential attack on Hungary I move my king to take command of the forces there. This leaves the men in Croatia under a green general, but if it ever came to it would rather lose Croatia than Hungary.

We current have 10 alliances, all with other Catholic rulers.

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-22-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote