View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #302
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
It'd be cool if on the team schedule there was a blurb, like w-l, rpi, etc. next to each team.

There's plenty of room there...shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote:
I tried the Open Folder thing (to see if I could load in my current career) but I didn't understand what it wanted.

It takes you to the new location of the save folder. Just copy your old save to this folder.

Quote:
I love the Hot Seat but in some of the off-season tasks, I wished it popped me to another screen (like the email screen) after simming month.

I'm open to whatever makes getting through the season the smoothest. I've thought previously that it might be better on the normal sim month periods in the offseason to go to email. Perhaps something like it takes you to email if you have new email in those periods.

Quote:
Training Schedule: one of the key things I use when setting the training number is being able to sort by Year, as well as by Position (i.e., the amount given to attributes like conditioning is predicated upon Year for me).

I'll add sorting to that screen.

Quote:
8. I had look hard to figure out the bars, knowing that it is cur/fut, but it wasn't obvious. The bar scale seems to be off. In some cases, I couldn't determine what the number means. Perhaps have 6/8?
9. Also, I don't like the darker gray future bar against a black background.

I'll make the colors of those bars customizable. I should have enough space to add potential to the number on the right. Muns asked for that a while ago but I hadn't got to it yet.

Quote:
Here's my main comment: I like how you can sim games in the Hot Seat, as well as in the League Schedule. But I wish there was some way to combine the information. For example, if I am simming (day or to a date), I wish it automatically pop to the League Schedule screen (so I can watch the simmed games as they happen). But what I really need is to see the Player Note. I am a fast simmer but I pay attention to everything. When I was simming a two weeks block, I didn't really know what was happening results-wise. When I did the same thing on the League Schedule screen, I knew the results but I lost contact with my team (e.g., email notifications or more importantly, player notes).

I possibly could take out some of the space used by the list of games and add in a player notes spot.

Quote:
Love the status bar on both season screens. Is there a way to add Conference place?

Right now there may be space to add in something like 14-2 (1) under the conference record spot. I'll have to try it out.

Quote:
Bubble Watch: sort by in/out?

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote:
Where do I find the Team List screen?

I'll add the team list and conference list buttons back to the standings screen like they were before.

Quote:
I was sitting in Hot Seat simming into March but I got no notification that it was conference tournament time. It didn't show up on the calendar or as a to-do notification (I ended up blowing right through it without realizing it).

Shouldn't be too hard to add the option to stop at the first conf tourney game.

Quote:
Did I miss the Selection Show? This was one of our very favorite feature of FBCB.

Still haven't added it back in but it will be there. I had to build this code from the 1.0.8 code and that was added after.

Quote:
I'm not sure how many others have a similar setup, but I figured I would let you know that my resolution in Windows 7 is 1920x1080 and can't be bumped up any higher. For the demo I'm not worried about it, but it is something you might consider in the final version. I don't know about Taskbar dragging (the Taskbar is radically changed in Windows 7 and I couldn't figure out how to do it easily). In the meantime, I'll just play on my laptop.

I tested on my sister's laptop and ran into the same thing. I just assumed she had it on a lower resolution. The game is designed to run at 1024x768 but windows is obviously increasing the size.

Quote:
One more thing, sorry. I click around and open up a lot of windows to check on things. Apparently, they all stay open and I am having to exit out a lot of them just to get back to where I had started or wanted to be. That seems to take resources and since you have the content frame visible in all screens, I don't see a need to thread all of them. Certain ones I can understand to thread but some should simply close the active window while making a new one active, if that makes sense.

There is only a couple spots in the game where the window will stay open behind another window. The rest of the time they are closed. I don't really store much more than the form name and the status of a few controls for each screen that is closed. As far as taking many clicks to get back where you wanted, let me know if there is a certain area that is buried too much. The goal is that you should be able to get to most screens within one or two clicks using the side menu.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote