View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 02:24 AM   #602
Radii
Head Coach

Contract Updates

-- MC Paul Coutts will take $13,750/wk for the next two years. He makes $16,750/wk now. That'll help us out a bit and Coutts can play AMC and DMC which has helped us out a good bit this year, I offer him what he wants.

-- MC Josh Walker wants $14,750/wk which would be less as well, but I'm not quite sure I want him back. Perhaps I should re-sign him since Bennett and Paulo are loaners and we'll need to add tons of midfielders next year. I'll wait on that decision either way.

-- DRC Michael McKerr wants a 4 year deal at the same rate he makes now. That would have him here til he's 31 as a backup to Berthet. I'll wait on him as well.

-- DL Stuart Kirkland wants $4800/wk for 2 more years. Sure thing! That's 3k/wk more than he makes now so it'll raise our budget at the moment but I like Kirkland a ton, he's 18 and playing great for us.

December 26th, 2017

Watford(12-4-7, 6th) @ Ipswich(14-6-3, 2nd)

This seems like it should be a good game but the books think we're going ot win easy, we're 1:2 favorites to their 9:2 dogs. We tied 1:1 earlier in the year, 3-2-8 lifetime against Watford.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Gudmundsson/Brown/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Bennett
AMC: Gordon
ST: Graham/Constantino

Watford's Mihai Costea leads them with 14 goals, second best is 5. Danny Graham starts for Jon Stead today, and Gudmundsson is in for Alex Bruce. We're ok this match but we're going to be really really tired in a few more days when we play again. Standard mindset today.

7': We get the ball forward into a crowded defense, Bennett to Gordon to Constantino, Constantino has 3 defenders nearby but has a little room for a shot about 18 yards away, he strikes it towards the left post, its by the keeper and just barely in!! Bennett held off two men to keep the ball and Constantino with a very poised shot. 1-0

21': Bennett with a foul way out wide left. They cross the free kick into the area, there's a header over the bar.

36': They have a throwin in our end, we clear it out near midfield but they push it back in, there's a pass between our two central defenders to their star striker Costea. He snuck in behind our D and easily beats Murphy. 1-1

HALF: We shoot 4 times, putting one on target. Watford shoots 5 times, one on target. We've got a small possession edge and this one seems pretty even with the teams taking turns attacking and each team getting one goal.

54': Whoa, that was unexpected! After minimal buildup Donnelly passes the ball to Danny Graham, he's 20 yards out and pretty wide left. He pulls the ball back as his man tries a slide tackle and he has a little room in front of him, he cuts into the area and shoots from a pretty tough angle, its aimed perfectly, by the keeper and just inside the far post!! Great individual effort by a guy we hardly ever use. 2-1

75': Walker in for Paulo, Fryers in for Graham and he moves back into defense, we go with a 5 man back line and defend the rest of the way.

85': They're trying to attack but we're doing a great job winning balls and keeping them from setting up. Here Fryers tries a tackle 35 yards out, he slows up his man but he gets by, he pulls up and shoots from there and Murphy has to make a diving save as that ball was curling in from the right and looked really dangerous. Corner comes to nothing.

We finish this one easily.

Ipswich 2 : 1 Watford

We got a really great game winning goal from Danny Graham today, our 4th string forward, solid win!

Man of the Match: Gordon Donnelly (7.6)
Goals: Constantino (7.6), Graham (6.9)
Assists: Donnelly, Gordon (6.9)
Notables: Kirkland (7.2)

Gudmundsson takes the blame for the goal we gave up, he doesn't do anything else to recover from it and has a really bad 5.4 rating today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote