View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #604
Radii
Head Coach

January Update

-- We have league matches on the 1st, 13th, 20th and 30th. We play in the FA Cup on the 6th and if we win would play again on the 27th.

-- Our youth pull GK Chris Mason has improved his goalkeeping according to our trainers. If we can get a couple more years out of Murphy maybe Mason can take over straightaway.

-- Bryan Bennett is 2nd in the Young Player of the Month voting this month.

-- Our young DL/ML Jack Hughes is on loan in the Blue Square North is killing it. He's got 10 games, 8 assists, and 4 man of the match awards. He wins the player of the month award in the BS North.

-- The board is very pleased with my leadership still. Signing Bennett is the highlight, the League Cup remains the only thing they can bitch about. We lost $905,000 last month.

Transfer Out

-- 4th string ST Jon Stead's transfer to Scunthorpe takes place now that the transfer window opened up again. We let him go for cost cutting reasons. Stead is 34 years old and is pretty much done. He came to Ipswich in 2008/09. Until Matthew Khan came along Stead was the team's top striker. The year that Ipswich promoted out of the Championship to the EPL he scored 23 goals.

Transfer Rumors

-- Rumors abound as the transfer window re-opens. There's interest in Neil Gordon, Michael McKerr, and Zeki Fryers. Fryers requested to be put on the transfer list a couple months ago but has since played in a few matches, I'd like to keep him on as a backup.

-- I should try to sign a free transfer GK, and I have a vague idea that I'd like to use my 4th season long loan on a AMC to split time with our youngster Neil Gordon. I like Gordon and he has 5 goals/8 assists, but he's been a little inconsistent and Coutts is really the only other guy that can fill the role. Someone who can play MC as well to add extra depth would be ideal.

January 1st, 2018

Ipswich(16-6-3, 2nd) @ Cardiff(12-9-4, 6th)

We're very slim underdogs today, 13:8 to their 6:4. We tied 2:2 at our place back in August and are 9-2-5 lifetime. We're going to play Cardiff again, at their house, in 5 days for the FA Cup.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Brown/Gudmundsson/Bruce/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Bennett
ST: Graham/Constantino

Rob Miller leads them with 13 goals, Adam Phillips has 9 goals. This is the first match where i've had to change my formation due to injuries/fatigue. We go with a 5 man D line and sit Neil Gordon, no AMC today. We'll defend on the road today.

8': Midfielder Ledley with a yellow.

12': They run down the rigth side, there's a cross into the area, Troy Brown is there, but he doesn't have control of the ball, it deflects off him and into the net... its an own goal. 0-1

21': Bennett is hurt... ugggggh.

32': They earn a corner, its crossed into the area, header over Donnelly... its well placed and Murphy can't get to it. Can't win em all, eh? 0-2

HALF: So we're getting owned here and Bennett is hurt. We haven't taken a shot yet. I kinda feel like this is just a lost cause and lets get the hell out of here without getting anyone hurt. Maybe if we pick up a goal we'll do something to try to tie it up.

57': Constantino with a bullshit yellow going up for a header on a super long goal kick.

63': We hve our first shot of the match, a blocked shot after a corner, whee!

69': Bennett picks up a yellow.

70': Constantino tries to get us back in it all by himself. He makes a run down the right side, runs by a defender, cuts by another one into the area, by a 3rd to the end line and they finally tackle it behind for a corner, he was close to being able to challenge there.

76': We earn a corner, Donnelly takes it and sends it long, Bennett runs up to it, wins the header and blasts it by the keeper! That's the goal we needed to try to get a second goal. 1-2

77': We win a ball in the defense and Donnelly sends a perfect long ball over the defense... Constantino runs onto it and he's in the area, he cuts right to try to get an angle on the keeper who has rushed out, he's got a great look to tie it up... and he sends it inches wide. Noooooo!!

78': Gordon in for Bruce, up to AMC. Walker in for a completely exhausted Bennett. We'll attack the rest of the way.

92': A last ditch attack, Constantino makes a great cut 40 yards out to get by his man, he outruns everyone and gets a decent look but again the keeper has rushed out to cut off the angle, he shoots, keeper is able to tip it wide. We can't do anything with the corner and the whistle blows.

Just not our day.

Cardiff 2 : 1 Ipswich

Goal: Bennett (7.7)
Assists: Donnelly (7.7)

Everyone else is in the 6.5-6.7 range.

Injury Update

Bryan Bennett is going to miss 2-3 weeks with a turned knee. Dammit! Luckily we have a week between each league match.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote