View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 04:33 AM   #605
Radii
Head Coach

-- Nottingham Forest makes a $2,400,000 offer for our captain, DC Troy Brown. Not available, not at all.

-- I scout a large number of free keepers. they suck. Bad. We've got 75k we can spend in transfer fees and I'll see if there's someone available that I could potentially afford that would be worth carrying on the roster. I was chatting with a buddy today that plays FM and learned some stuff that I probably should have already known but didn't, including the fact that keepers can often go to age 36-37 before their skills start to degrade. I may be able to get a couple more years out of Murphy and none of the guys i'm scouting to come in and be a backup are anywhere close to as good as our 16 year old youth pull Chris Mason. If I can't find someone for 75k or less calling Mason up if Murphy gets hurt may be a reasonable option.

-- Great, great news: "Matthew Khan has begun full training following his foot injury"

... jesus, followed by news that destroys our MC depth.

Injury Update

Josh Walker has a strained knee ligament after an awkward fall in training today. He's out for 6-8 weeks. Coutts is still out for 2 more months as well. We have ZERO MC depth.

Potential Loaners

I made offers to two guys to come on loan at Ipswich for the rest of the year. The first is 17 y/o Steve Mills, a guy who looks like an absolute stud from Wolverhampton. The problem is that he's an AMC/FC. He was the best AMC available so I took a look. He's willing to come. The second is a guy with a lot less value but a guy who plays AMC/MC. Mills has accepted my loan offer already. I delay it a week to wait and see what happens with offer #2. I will have to cancel one and will re-offer a 3 month loan. I think at this point I must secure the MC.

January 6th, 2018

FA Cup 3rd Round

Ipswich(16-6-4, 3rd) @ Cardiff(13-9-4, 6th)

Today Cardiff are 5:4 favorites and we're 7:4. Still close but not quite as close as when they beat us earlier in the week. We're off til the 13th after this. We're seriously weak today though.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Brown/Gudmundsson/Berthet
DMC: Bruce
MC: Donnelly/Paulo
AMC: Gordon
ST: Graham/Constantino

Bruce to DMC, Paulo MC, Gordon is back in today. We've got 4 guys hurt and only have 3 subs available today. I probably should have thought about that beforehand and brought a couple guys off the youth squad just to make sure we have full coverage. We'll try a standard mindset today just because sitting back and defending was so bad last match.

10': Constantino receives a ball forward cuts into the area through a couple defenders but has it tackled away for a corner, we can't do anything with that. Another nice move by Constantino going through their defense like our last match but nothing comes of it.

25': After a little buildup Gordon receives a pass 20 yards out, turns and shoots, just high. We've allowed 1 shot as well.

30': They're attacking, we win a ball in the defense and clear a little ways, they try to recover but Paulo makes a great steal, he sends it to the midfield for Constantino who takes off, beats a deefnder near him, outruns everyone else and is down the right side... he sends in a little cross, we have good numbers, but they have a defender there to turn it away.

40': Its another counterattack, Constantino has the ball in midfield, he sends a ball towards the penalty area and Neil Gordon has made an absolute perfect run, controls it well and has a step on his man. He is into the area, stops and shoots and its by the keeper!! 1-0

HALF: Its just a totally different match from the one we played 5 days ago. They have 5 shots, but none are on target and most aren't even close. We've had 4 and put 2 on target. Constantino's speed is giving Cardiff an impossible time today.

51': Their first shot on target comes from 30 yards out, a random strong strike that Murphy was ready for, he parries it away and we clear.

61': Paulo is brought down hard by their midfielder Ledley. Ledley picks up a yellow and Paulo needs attention off the field...

65': Yellow for Bruce

68': Yellow for O'Hanion tackling Danny Graham and he's hurt too!

70': Yellow for defender Naughton tackling Donnelly. This is devolving pretty badly.

71': Troy Brown goes down trying to win a ball after a free kick and he's hurt...

75': Matthew Khan comes in for Graham.

82': A quick attack, Donnelly to Khan, Khan with a shot, its a great look, our second clear cut chance of the match actually, but the keeper turns it aside. Corner comes to nothing. Welcome back Matthew!

88': We give up a corner. We clear it out easily. They try to send it back in but their corner taker is offsides.

90': Thanks to all the injuries we've seen, there's going to be SIX minutes of injury time. I don't think i've ever seen that before.

91': defender Mike Brown with a yellow for Cardiff.

93': They attack, their man Phillips receives a pass 20 yards out, he turns and passes ahead quickly and to midfielder Ellis, he's 15 yards away, he shoots near post and we just weren't ready, a very quick, precise attack. He beats Murphy and ties it up. 1-1

Nothing happens in the last few minutes of extra time.

Cardiff 1 : 1 Ipswich

Given our attrition we really should be happy with this result, the way it happened though we had a win in hand and they got their goal to tie things up, that feels pretty crappy. Their goalscorer is man of the match.

Goal: Donnelly (7.0)
Assist: Constantino (7.1)
Notables: Kirkland (7.2), Brown (7.0)

Injury Update

-- Our captain Troy Brown has a pulled hamstring and is going to miss 3-4 weeks. *throws hands up in air* WTF.

-- We still get our full week off, the replay at our house will be on the 17th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote