View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #635
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

-- Bryan Bennett hurts his wrist in the weight room and is going to miss 9-12 days. Hopefully just one match, possibly two though. Jordan Ford will get some time in his spot at MC

Contract Updates

-- MC Josh Walker's contract is expiring. He's played 20 matches, 18 off the bench, with a 6.67 rating. He makes $16.5k/wk and is 29. I don't think I'll re-sign him.

-- DRC Michael McKerr is expiring as well, his contract at least. McKerr makes $10,500/wk now and will take $7500/wk plus some bonus money for an extra year. He's a better player than Walker and that's a fine rate for a backup who can cover 3/4 of the back line when needed. I go ahead and make the offer.

April Update

-- We play on the 2nd, 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th. A pretty light schedule. Only one of the 5 matches is against a team in the top 10. We did a great job last month playing against 4 playoff contenders and have a great shot to win the league.

-- We get a notice that Stuart Kirkland has trained well, he's really improving a lot this year and has been a key player in the defense at only 18 years old. His Marking(10), Penalty Taking(9), Creativity(12), Positioning(11), Acceleration(15), and Stamina(15) all have gone up recently.

-- I am third in manager of the month voting behind Watford and Burnley's managers.

-- The board is delighted with my leadership. Our league performance is the highlight, our league cup loss back in September is still the only thing worth bitching about for them. We lose $773k last month. We've still made a profit of $8.7M this year, but we're falling back into the red as far as cash, down to a -$1.5M bank balance(they must love that).

April 2nd, 2018

Burnley(23-8-9, 6th) @ Ipswich(24-11-5, 1st)

We're 5:4 favorites at Portman Road today, Burnley are 7:4 to get a win. We tied 2:2 at their place and have actually never beaten them, 0-2-3 lifetime.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Ford
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Two strong strikers for Burnley, Franco di Santo has 21 goals, Bogdan Stancu has 17. Jordan Ford starts at MC with Bennett hurt, and Gordon is back in at AMC. We're attacking at home today.

5': three very short highlights early... they shoot from 20 yards out 45 seconds in, easy save. They have a header off a free kick that's way high. Berthet shoots on a free kick from 25 yards out, wide.

10': We have a throwin in their end. Its thrown to Gordon, he passes to Paulo who is 20 yards out and a good deal right. Paulo strikes it and its one of his heavily bending shots that only he seems to be able to do for us... it bends hard from right to left and is just inside the right post, goal!!!!! 1-0 Paulo doesn't have many goals for us this year but he has had 2 or 3 "holy crap I didn't know he had that in him!!" type of shots.

22': They have it out near midfield, a long low pass goes ahead, it seems like its going to be picked up by one man but he lets it go through to di Santo who has a clear cut chance for them, Murphy is there and turns it behind... good save by Murphy but that could have been placed better too.

34': they earn a corner, its taken to the far end of the 6 yard box, Chapman is there, he wins the header over Donnelly and its a strong header that beats Murphy. 1-1

HALF: Its a very active half, each team shoots 8 times, but it feels like Burnley is getting the better of it today by a bit. They've actually got 3 clear cut chances and 5 on target shots. We've only got 2 on target and 5 of our shots are from long range. We're only winning 37% of our headers, they're at 76% there. We'll try to do better in the 2nd half.

47': I tell the guys to try a bit harder to get the ball into the area for better shots. Too many long range shots in that half.

62': Long time without a highlight here. We earn a corner and take a crappy wild shot that goes way wide.

64': They have a long run down the right, a cross into the area, there's a header, saved by Murphy but he couldn't hold it. It falls to di Santo who has their 4th clear cut chance.. and its wide. Whew.

76': Donnelly with a yellow.

81': Mills in for Gordon, Coutts in for Ford, just to try something new.

90': We try a cross in that they clear out, we send it back forward and Coutts has a look from 20 yards out, but he sends it miles high.

Ipswich 1 : 1 Burnley

We'll have to settle for the tie here. We should do better at home, but really they outplayed us today and I'll take this one.

Man of the Match: Paulo (8.3)
Goal: Paulo
Assist: Gordon (6.8)
Notable: Murphy (7.1), Brown (7.1)

We allowed 5 clear cut chances today and came away with a tie. Very, very lucky for us.

Huddersfield are still within 3 points of first but they tie and fall one more spot. Just 5 matches to go, check out how insanely close this race is:

1. Ipswich - 84 pts (+39 GD)
2. Stoke - 84 pts (+38)
------------------------------
3. Watford - 83 pts (+42)
4. Huddersfield - 82 pts (+23)
5. QPR - 78 pts (+36 - 1 less match played)
6. Burnley - 78 pts (+22)
---------------------------
7. Hull - 78 pts (+20)

with 5 to play 7 points separates first and 7th. 2 points separates 1st and 4th!! We're tied for first and if the season ended now we'd win on goal differential, by just 1 goal.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote