View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 06:34 AM   #174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Historical Hegemon Series
Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter One Hundred and Forty-Five - The 2nd Algiers/Kilwa War

I have two Kilwans armies on the southern flank I order them to the adjacent Bastion of Manyika, I will refer to them as the southern army, I hire a small merc force of 15k to join them

I have 33k in Rukwa on the northern flank, I have hired the 45k independent army since Kilwa still has 55k troops, and will order them into Ngonde, they will be referred to as the northern army

I have 7k in Kusu behind the Fort of Lega, they will grab the unconnected all minors area of to the rest of Kilwa area of Lake Victoria

3 Nov – Mercs arrive!

10 Nov – We begin the Siege of Manyika

17 Nov – Jugjur converts!

18 Dec – Ngonde falls!

I send them east

15 Feb, 1662 – I capture a minor next to their capital, next is Kilwa

11 Mar – Lake Tanganyika province falls to my 7k

1 April – Conversion started in Brakna, for 23 months

4 April – Kebbi converts!

19 April – After 161 days, Manyika falls!

27 April – Our Admiral dies, another is hired

5 May – A Lake minor falls

14 May – Event- Local Noble Family requests Aid- They need more than 1000 cash and I need to save for this war, so I lose 50 DIP power.

25 May – Another Lake minor falls

1 June – A southern minor falls

11 June – Kilwa falls! That’s a warscore of 37%

20 June - Another Lake minor is ours

5 July – Conversion in Manga for 18 months and Kanem for 22 begin

11 July – Two minors falls

1 Aug – The last Lake falls!

I also get the Trading in Ivory bonus! That’s’ +2 Dip Rep

I pull my dip from making nice with Alaska

5 Sept – Two more minors have fallen

19 Oct- Our southern army routs 11k In Mozambique

22 Oct – A minor falls

1 Nov – I lose my claim on Assab in Somalia

14k Rebellion in Kanem, I order an Egyptian army over to deal with it luckily it has a Bastion now

19 Nov – Mozambique falls!

26 Nov – Central minor falls

1 Jan, 1663 – I can get the next ADM tech which comes with another Group of Ideas, and we are almost at our cap of 999, so I’ll wait a few months since I have a warscore of 63, but no major bumps in score coming like no defenses are left to give me a big bump, so this is slow, but I’ll keep it for another few months

18 Jan – Two minors fell

27 Jan – I capture the colony of Phangwe which is internal to Kilwa

1 Feb – I get this Age of Absolutism Ability:

Protecting Forts – Forts on border with rival (Somalia) get -100% maintenance,.

Before taking it it’s 107.50 cash monthly, now it’s 97.0

24 Feb – Minor captured

15 Mar - Two minors fall

1 April – NEW TECH!

ADMIN TECH 22 – The Constitution – We can build Town Halls and another Group of Ideas!

I cannot get ADM Ideas since they are too many, I can get DIP or MIL ones.

I have enough power to get one now right now, and DIP #2 in just a few months

DIP –

Trade - You’ll get three more merchants from this and boosts to Trade power like

Dip - You’ll get another Diplomat now, and then another soon, and then you better Dip stuff like relations, reputation, and more!

MIL -

Quantity
– I need a bigger army for tussling with Somalia and then keeping safe from the Turks. When finished, this will give you +25% Forcelimit

Offensive/Defensive
– Boost my armies with these awesome Ideas.

I like all four! I do Quantity!

Quantity Idea #1 – Levee en Masse - +25% Manpower

9 April – We capture a minor

2 May – Two more minors have fallen

27 May – Another minor falls

1 June – Baykha – Siberia – Northern edge, Fur trade, Forest, Arctic, Ibadi Algerians, 3 dev, make us 0.05

I have new colonists! I send to the colony of Gogo where there are no colonists

18 June – Two minors fall!

20 July – Every mainland province fell, I have a warscore of 87% what can I get?

I want to remove the 6 province flank behind me first, although four are Grain or Livestock, it’s a weak spot for future wars.

Lake Tanginika Area:

Bafuriru – North Coast of the Lake, east of us in Lega, west of us in Nkoma – 8 warscore and 6 badboy

Lake Victoria Area:

Bushubi – East of Bafuriru, north of Nkoma – 12 warscore and 7 badboy

Buyogoma – East of Bushubi, north of Nkoma and Ruguru – 6 score and 3 badboy

Muhambwe – East of Buyogoma, north of Ruguru and Rukwa, Gogo and Hehe – 6 war score and 4 badboy

Karagwe – Southwest shore of the Lake, North of Bushubi – 9 score and 6 badboy

Buzinza – Southeast shore of Lake, east of Karagwe, north of Buyogoma and Muhambwe – 6 score and 4 badboy

Those 6 are 47 score and 31.2 badboy, now we’ll just take what I can from Kilwa that makes sense

Central Kilwa -

Ngonde – Wartarget, northwest shore of Lake Malawi, East of us in Rukwa, Luanganda and south of Gogo – 4 score and 3 badboy

Anything else will annoy Kilwa, and with a an army of 55k I don’t want that at my back.

Peace:

51 score and then 34.50 badboy I do it! I don’t have much ADM power left to core, but I am making 12 a month, I core – 28 in Bushubi and Muhambwe, 25 in Karagwe, 23 in Buyogoma, and that leaves me with just 6 ARM but 3 cores left.

Let’s look at my 7!

Lake Tanginika Area:

Bafuriru – North Coast of the Lake, east of us in Lega, west of us in Nkoma – Farm Estate for Grain, Workshop, Hills, Tropical, Fetishist and Rwandan, 9 dev, makes us 0.48

Lake Victoria Area:

Bushubi –
East of Bafuriru, north of Nkoma – Farm Estate for Grain here too, Marketplace, Regimental Camp, Hills, Tropical, Rwandan and Fetishist here, and then 12 dev and 0.12 made here

Buyogoma –
East of Bushubi, north of Nkoma and Ruguru – Savannah, Tropical, Farm Estate for Grain and Regimental Camp, 5 dev, 0.31, Rwandan and Fetishist

Muhambwe – East of Buyogoma, north of Ruguru and Rukwa, Gogo and Hehe – Ganda culture, Fetishist faith, Farm Estate for Livestock, Workshop, Savannah, Tropical, 0.08 from 6 dev

Ready for the three good ones?

Karagwe
– Southwest shore of the Lake, North of Bushubi – Iron Mines! Weapons Manufactory, Workshop, Fetishist and Ganda, 0.80 made here in Tropical Hills with a dev of 9

Buzinza – Southeast shore of Lake, east of Karagwe, north of Buyogoma and Muhambwe – Also Iron Mining here! Weapons Manufactory and Workshop, 6 dev, Tropical Savannah, Takama Fetishist, 0.33 made here

Central Kilwa -

Ngonde – Wartarget, northwest shore of Lake Malawi, East of us in Rukwa, Luanganda and south of Gogo – Trade Station for Ivory, workshop, 0.69 made here, 5 dev, Nyasa Fetishist, Tropical Savannah

All 7 have Manufactories already in them! Even the Grain ones are making that cash as a result.

In Lake Victoria we are next to a nation called Kitara that has 9 provinces here, they are also next to Somalia on the other end.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote