View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #267
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
A few things that have worked well for me:

-try a green smoothie, using frozen fruit and some combination of green vegetables that you can live with (and perhaps a protein source)... with just a little common sense, it's fairly easy to spin together a fruity drink that tastes great and pretty much hides the taste of even the roughest greens (kale, collards, etc)... I will add some weirdo stuff like spirulina or hemp powder to mine, but that's not essential at all

Good luck.

Just want to echo this. I've been a vegetarian for about 3-4 years now, and generally, I was a damn picky eater to begin with - this just further cut down my options. But one of the things I wanted to do (along with cutting down some on the enriched white flour) is eat more greens, amusing given that my mom has a PhD in Nutrition (finally learning the lessons).

Green smoothies are great - someone gave me a MagicBullet, and its awesome - I put about half Spinach / Kale, etc etc, and the other half a combination of bananas, strawberries, blueberries + a teaspoon of chia seeds and blend it - I then add sliced almonds on top. The net result is a healthy smoothie that tastes nothing like Spinach, but still lets me get the "healthy" nutrients my diet generally lacks.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote