View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Dropping to just 3 instructions - More Direct Passing, Higher Tempo, and Stick To Position, with Counter, Rigid. Also, the entire backline is now on defense.

Connor Millington is out 6 to 8 days with food poisoning. We just can't catch a fucking break.

9th @Unity (6th)
GK: James Fossdyke
D: Ben Manning/Shane Blackmore/Ray Hackett/Aston Butcher
M: Will Peers/Calvin Dinsley
AM: Tony Jacobs/Lee Allen/Rob Spencer
ST: Demi Kryiacou

1 - Green cross for Blackmore on an open header. FFS.

54 - Are you shitting me?! Spencer's out. Davies will go in for him.

I'll take the point at this point.

Transfer In - Callum Horton (24) - From Ware
I actually like his Handling and Throwing better than Fossdyke's, so despite his 1.5/4.5, I think I'm going to give the kid a start and see how he does, since I'm planning on putting in a counter-attacking style.

9th @ Woodley Reserves (10th)
GK: Callum Horton
D: Shaun Roscoe/Shane Blackmore/Ray Hackett/Aston Butcher
AM: Tony Jacobs/Lee Allen/Connor Millington
ST: Louis Bridges

I read somewhere that a Trequartista is a poor match for counter attacking, so I changed Allen to an AM. This is obstensibly our full-strength lineup, so we'll see how it goes.

20 - Millington with a gorgeous long ball dropping in front of Bridges for the dribble in and fire home! 1-0

22 - Great header by Roscoe on the opposing goal kick, and a series of midfield passes later, Dinsley is arcing the long ball to Allen, who gets past everyone for the quickfire lead double! 2-0

31 - Peers is triple-teamed and loses the ball, but Butcher recovers. On to Dinsley, who passes to Millington. A give and go with Allen sees Millington all alone on the right side of the box, and a center to Bridges is the bridge for another goal! 3-0

44 - Dinsley - Peers - Allen - Bridges, but the defender tackles away the ball. Millington's right there on the corner of the box though, and his breathtaking diagonal shot *just* finds the corner of the net! 4-0

47 - Nothing doing about that one 4-1

61 - .... 4-2

68 - Cousins on for Hackett

88 - YOU HAVE GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME! 4-3

That was a real shitter of a performance in the second half by our defense, but we scrape out the win. 9 for PotM Millington, 8.2 for Allen and 8.8 for Bridges.

Halfway through the season, and we've only beaten the worst team in the league, both times by 4-3 scorelines. Merg.

Louis Bridges had a great training. Lee Allen and Demi Kyriacou declined, however, and I need to start thinking about a new AM, as James Stokoe isn't suited for the role. At 28, Stokoe isn't one for the future.

Transfer In - Malachi Bulley (24)
Promising young prospect (1.5/5) who might be able to step in as our AMC as soon as next season.

9th vs Barton Rovers (8th)
D: Shaun Roscoe/Shane Blackmore/Ray Hackett/Aston Butcher

27 - Great long ball by Millington to Bridges, and the resulting hoof drop into the penalty box is won by Allen, who rifles it in 1-0

36 - Millington gets the ball in the middle of the pitch, dribbles down the field and crosses to Allen for the beautiful forward pass into space for Bridges, the kid completing the dribble forth and shot for the goal. 2-0

37 - I didn't think they were offsides, but I'll take it!

53 - Millington recovers his own cleared indirect kick and hangs a ball to Hackett's head for another tally! Connor's clearly demonstrated that he's our best player, and I suspect the long losing streak we had was not only due to tactics, but to his absence with injury. 3-0

Our best game of the entire season! Hackett with 8.2, Millington with 7.8, PotM Allen with 8.4, and Bridges with 8.3. While promotion seems completely out of reach, perhaps we can make a second half storm up the standings.

Transfer In - Scott Weight (26)
A natural, 4* DLP, he can't play for us this season, but he'll take over for Calvin Dinsley next season in that role.

7th vs Sandhurst Devels Reserves (1st)
D: Shaun Roscoe/Paul Cousins/Ray Hackett/Aston Butcher

Shane Blackmore picked up an automatic ban due to yellows accumulation, so Cousins is in his place.

6 - Ha! Horton hears the who of a yellow card. First time I've seen a goalie get a yellow (due to handling).

25 - Bridges chases down a clearance and sits on the left boundary line of the box until Allen's in front of the goal. A cross and chip-in later, we've the lead 1-0

44 - Wow! PRETTIEST GOAL EVER! Dinsley passes to Millington, who runs past EVERYONE for the shot and score!!! I'm getting errors trying to log in to YouTube to upload it, but I'll try after the match if we win. 2-0

63 - Allen moves back to MC for Dinsley, who is looking tired and has made poor plays this half. Bulley will get his first look at the AMC slot.

71 - HE WAS OFFSIDES!!! 2-1

75 - Fucking horrible pass by Jacobs allows a fucking counter move 2-2
rtgjiowegjeriopu;hio[0ertyrgiopgyer89p[hweriotgw;ty3r589tyertg9wer8py6ptwert8yhkdf
dfsd
f
asjhgsdp
oufgsdp
fguasop
fgu
sduhrio0rgyw8o'fgyhasdf'gi8yawdfgawer

2-3

Lee Allen got hurt late in the game.

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR US TO HAVE LOST THAT MOTHERFUCKING GAME!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote