View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

The end of season team meeting is a disaster. I select a mid-table finish for next year, which is the lowest possible, and everyone is like, that's too high! Whatever.

Good Yearly Trains
Will Peers
River Booth
Matt Byrne
Jon Amoo
Alaistair Birmingham

Bad Yearly Trains
Paul Cousins
Rob Spencer (on way out)
Demi Kyriacou
James Stokoe
Lee Allen

The council blocks moving a stadium, but our youth category rating moves to Category 3 from Category 4.

After searching to find out what this means...

Quote:
Category 3
• Clubs in this category will not be permitted to coach youngsters until they are 11
• Will require an estimated budget of £315k

Category 4
• Clubs in this category will be used to pick up youngsters that are late developers or have been released from other Academies or Centres of
Excellence. Players will be 16 years of age or above

Quote:
It increases the quality of the players that come to the club... it depends on your training facilities level IIRC. The higher the training facilities, the better your category, and with a better category, better young players come.

So... awesome!

$90k profit. I love being an amateur side when it comes to banking money.

Still not sure who to keep and who to jettison of this crew. We'll have to see what the offseason raids bring, of course. Nor am I sure who/what to add, if anything. May roll with the current roster to see if they improve just by being together.

OTOH, I see a 4-2-3-1 formation on Steam that looks very interesting, so I may switch to that. I do make one adjustment to a role, however, to suit Matt Byrne. I also, since I now have the players capable of it, make my two fullbacks complete wingbacks in Attack, to add punch to our attack.

One thing we desperately need is a new AMC. Neither one we have is working.

Transfer Out
Connor Millington - $12.5k/year - Didcot
Matt Byrne - $400/year - Chipstead
Tony Jacobs - $3.8k/year - Fareham
Will Peers - $4.5k/year - Didcot
Calvin Dinsley - $3.4k/year - Cray Valley
Lee Allen - $3.1k/year - Alresford
Joe Davies - $3.8k/year - Hamworthy
Ben Manning - $3.2k/year - Squires Gate
Paul Cousins - Amateur - Bootle
James Stokoe - $3.2k/year - Bracknell
Aston Butcher - $4.4k/year - Nostell Miners Welfare

No one will sign with us Guess I'll wait until after the feeding frenzy is over, then pick up guys off the scrap heap.

Player of the Year - Lee Allen
Uh... okay? Not what I expected, but hey, whatever.

Best 11
GK Allen Horton
D Shaun Roscoe/Ray Hackett/Shane Blackmore/Aston Butcher
M Calvin Dinsley/Will Peers
AM Tony Jacobs/Lee Allen/Connor Millington
ST Louis Bridges

Preseason
4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 Diamond, and 4-2-3-1 are considered the best formations for the team. Let's see what the 4-4-2 Diamond looks like, since we lost all our AM players.

It looks interesting at first glance, but we'll see how it goes.

Tranfer In - Andrew Hall (16) - From Long Buckby
I'm going to make him a Trequartista, since that's his best role. Either way, he's our new AMC.

Holy shit. We're joint 1-5 favorites to win promotion. Umm... guys? GUYS?! HELLO, WE FINISHED 9TH LAST YEAR AND LOST ALL OUR TOP PLAYERS!!!!

@Unity
G: Callum Horton
D: Elliott Ledwards/Shane Blackmore/River Booth/Alaistair Birmingham
DM: Scott Weight
M: Shaun Roscoe/Jon Amoo
AM: Andrew Hall
ST: Demi Kyriacou/Louis Bridges

26 - SSDS 0-1

80 - WTF do I even play this fucking game? 0-2

Even better? We lose Shane Blackmore, who signs a $5.75k/year deal with Seven Acre & Sidcup.

Want more good news? There's only 6 teams in the league this season, so we play all of 10 fucking games.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote