View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 05:14 AM   #4823
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Tough to reason around the handful of shootings at these protests. I am kinda surprised at the relatively lacksadaisical media coverage....I think everybody's been kinda dreading a shooting happening at these events and how it could set off some kind of powder keg, but several protest-related shootings have happened and they're really not getting all that much news play from any outlet.

To wit, the top headline on FoxNews.com is about some loaded magazines being found abandoned in a park near the Portland protests....you would think people actually being shot would merit more coverage than the potential of people getting shot? Obviously civilians shooting each other is different than conflict between civilians & police/troops, but it's certainly still something I am concerned about.

That said, I did have a fear that shootings would potentially start a domino affect and that the media would of course feed into that, playing it up & highlighting any kind of action as some kind of race/class war shitstorm, and I don't exactly want to complain about that not happening either. Just feels a little odd that people have started shooting each other at these protests and it's being collectively presented as a footnote.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-27-2020 at 05:31 AM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote