View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #30
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

First, for me, I am drawn to the looks, expecting a cohesive flow of design and theme as it presents the data. I think the choices made don't add to the experience but cause some initial shock and awe. After a player has experienced the depth of the games capabilities they begin to look past the appearance and just enjoy the results.

An example of a format that I have always thought would work well with the game and volumes of data would be something similar to how OOTP displays it's information. The player card showing all of the players information on a screen or two is an example, with the various integrated tabs presenting the whole picture. The consolidated league news screens that provides immediate feedback in a consolidated display. The team pages that allow you to set your rosters, game strategy, etc. for similar reasons.

I think it's games like OOTP and Football Manager that cause some of the responses you have seen. The player communities have gotten used to their formats, the clean displays of compiled, concise data that aid you in making some of your necessary decisions without have to dig to hard.

I know this hasn't provided a lot of specifics, you know, the do this or change that comments.

Last edited by NawlinsFan : 04-14-2015 at 10:07 PM.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote