View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, Alzar ended that in a very unorthodox way. You were supposed to blow the cover off the mage’s thefts, she would flee to another town, and you would explore the tower and destroy a few things and grab a suit of +1 leather armor that she forgot to take with her. But Alzar went another way, and you cannot argue with that.

This ends our mini-campaign, based around Puppets, Eye, Forest Oracle and Blizzard Pass. Now I have Alzar at the largest city in the area, and I intend to use it as a base for a bit. (There are not a lot of modules that take place in a city. Most are in small towns or the wilderness. I’ll make some changes to shift things this way.) Because he has his workshop and library, he is able to get all of his class bonuses, including the extra spells, and he can control undead/extraplanar folks again. However, there are two class differences that he now notices.

1). On Hamedh, Alzar will be at -2 level for controlling other planar creatures, because he is not from Hamedh. So he counts as a level 2 to control right now, rather than a level 4.

2). When identifying an item with his class ability, if he would successfully ID an item that has not Thorasian correspondent, then he fails.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote