View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 08:15 AM   #641
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'm taking a solo trip to Disney World. I'm arriving Saturday, February 29th and leaving the morning of Thursday, March 5th. I haven't been to Disney World in 20 years. I'll be staying at All Stars Music.

I chose the first week of March because it shouldn't be to humid and I think it should be the last week before Spring Break seasons starts.

I bought Park Hopper Plus awhile back because I'm hoping to go to Blizzard Beach. Unfortunately, that's a bit in question because it's looking like the high could be in the 60s at least the first few days of my trip. That's the risk I took though when I booked a trip at a time of year when the average temperature is in the mid 70s in the Orlando area.

I don't like the feeling of falling at all so I won't be going on Roller Coasters so that removes some of the rides that people consider must ride rides such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Slinky Dog Dash. I'm an early morning person so I hope to arrive at rope drop each day besides Saturday.

Saturday - Epcot
I thought I would go to Epcot on my arrival day because I figure all of the parks will be packed on a Saturday and Epcot is the park with the fewest numbers of rides I want to ride. I have fast passes for Soarin', Spaceship Earth (Green Mission), and Mission Space. I'd like to get my photo with Pluto as well assuming it's free if I use my phone and also walk around the World Showcase. I'm okay missing Frozen After All if the line is long (I've never seen the movie).

My flight leaves Louisville at 6:10 am (and hopefully arriving at 8:20 am) so I'll probably head back to to the hotel around 3 pm to take a nap. Assuming I'm able to do everything I want to do at Epcot before that, then I'm thinking of going to Animal Kingdom in the evening. I was not able to secure a fast pass to Flight of Passage so I was thinking of trying to hit that ride a little before the park closes.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
I have fast passes to Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan's Flight. There's a lot of rides I'd like to ride at Magic Kingdom but no absolute musts for me. I figure I'll likely spend the whole day at the park (with a break at some point) and go on the rides I want to go on the most.

Monday - Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom has early Magic Hours from 8 am to 9 am this day. I have Fast Passes to Na'vi River Journey at 11:30 am, Dinosaur at 12:30 pm, and Kilimanjaro Safaris at 1:40 pm.

If I'm not able to go on Flight of Passage Saturday night, I plan to race walk towards that line at rope drop in hopes of getting a wait time of 1 hour or less. If I'm able to ride that on Saturday then I'm thinking of going to Kilimanjaro Safaris first (and skipping my 1:40 pm FastPass) so I can hopefully be done with Animal Kingdom by 1 pm so I can go to either Blizzard Beach (closes at 5 pm) + Hollywood Studios if it's hot enough or just Hollywood Studios in the second half the day.

Tuesday - Hollywood Studios

This is definitely the main draw of the trip.

I have fast passes to Indiana Jones show at 11:30 am, Toy Mania between 1:20 and 2;20 pm, and the Millennium Falcon between 6:45 and 7:45 pm.

I have a Savi's workshop appointment scheduled for 6:25 pm. I'm also leaning towards getting a droid at droid depot but I'm not really sure when to schedule that for. I don't want to carry it around the whole day and the park closes at 8 pm so I'm not exactly sure how I'd safely fit it in at night. I'm thinking of maybe scheduling it for Monday evening?

I'm a little nervous about Rise of the Resistance. I've read stories about people having trouble getting boarded passes. Of all the rides at Disney World, this is the one I want to ride the most. Anyone having any tips on how to make sure you get a boarding pass?

Going on StarTours and Star Wars Launch Bay are priorities as well.

Wednesday - hopefully Blizzard Beach + TBD in late evening
Right now the only days on my trip that are projected to have temperatures of 75+ are Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully Wednesday stays reasonably warm because it's to late to get a Savi's workshop appointment for a different day so I'm locked into Hollywood Studios on Tuesday.

How did this workout?

If you even went.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote