View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 07:37 PM   #216
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
That one guy who wagered $500 or so on a Double Jeopardy deserved to be slapped. You're facing the Babe Ruth of Jeopardy, grow some balls! Yeesh...

I wonder, though. Does Ken buzz in on virtually every question because he's bored, or because he's figured out that it's the best strategy? After all, most questions are phrased in such a way that there's a clue buried in there, often very obviously. At the worst, he gets it wrong but prevents the other contestants from getting into any sort of rhythym.

(Speaking of which, was it me, or was one of the contestants tonight getting visibly frustrated at his inability to buzz in?)

That's what I've noticed - that he's just buzzing in on nearly every question that appears to have the clue buried in it, and he figures that he'll rely on his smarts to come up with the answer. And he's been doing that more often recently.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote