View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #1442
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
When Brit revealed I literally has an "obvious cultist is obvious" post ready to send but I felt better of it.

Sigh. You're totally right, though.

I realized that I had never played cultist before--kind of wild given the dozens of games I've played in 3 years. As availability dictated, I spent the first several game days sounding as good as I could and waiting for the opportunity to make a great distracting move. The village was doing a good enough job of that for a while.

In the meantime, I was just tracking the wolves to see how they were doing. EF played out front early, which I get to draw attention away from the newer players timmae and Grover as wolves. Timmae got that unlucky brutal, but Grover, you had a much better game as a wolf, even though you were cornered at the end.

Finally, after Font pleaded for the seer to reveal, and with no claim coming, I decided that dawn of D5 was the perfect time to false reveal. Unfortunately, I had to backfill my scans and try to be able to justify them based on the way the game had played out. That's hard to do when you're pressed for time. I mean, I didn't even get in a false clear of a surviving wolf in order to signal myself to the wolves.

But then... no counter-reveal came. I was hoping for a claim war, to eventually be outed, and hopefully for that to allow for NK shenanigans involving the BG and seer. But Autumn took advantage of this role set, lay in wait, and offed me in the best way possible.

GG to everybody--interesting to see a set with this many moving parts. Thanks for the game, Chief!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote