View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #181
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Someone just asked me a very interesting question via pm, and I wanted to take it public, because I'm not sure how to go.

The question asked was:

Can I submit several class/race combinations, with rules for which one to choose, such as - give me the one that has the fewest other players playing it.

I found that to be a fascinating question. I'm going back and forth on it, so i wanted to get your take. Here are the pluses and minuses I see with it:

1). What if enough people submit them, so I can;t tell which ones have how many people? Suppose I got six submissions with three combination of class/race each, but the same combo was duplicated among all of them. How do I choose which one gets it? Do any?

2). Does this skirt around the "Don't work in tandem with others" to make your class/race rules?

3). It does help to provide a wider range of class/race, which should be good for the game and the party mechanic that I want to try out.

So, thoughts?

I've thought about this idea more today, and I think I actually like it - conditional character requests. I know there are several character types I'd be willing to play, but that would be much less interesting to me if lots of people chose them. It seems like it benefits everyone to have a wider spread of character types, which I think this would promote.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote