View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #117
revrew
Team Chaplain

So, time for reader input ...

The situation:
We sit at 1.21, and 1.16 is on the clock. We're looking for an elite safety, preferably one who is strong against the run, with solid zone, BnR bars. We already have a pair of elite CBs, though position leader and top stud Barry Westbrook is in his 10th year.

The following potential targets are still on the board:
S Zach White - only 17% developed, but has 3 reds, 2 blues. Agility is stunning. 2nd strongest safety in draft (blue bar), but shows a run defense bar of about 50. Bars are nearly maxed out everywhere else (except KR/PR). Looks like uberstud, but ... a bit low on runD and would be an extreme conflict with CB Barry Westbrook.

S Louie Whiting - 52% developed, 1 red (agility), 3 blues. Strongest S in class, but runD bar doesn't reflect that. Bars are in fact mediocre at best. Scout says VU, volatility 74. Punishing hitter bar at about 60. Yes, I expect him to boom some, but will he ever be elite?

CB Dan Pretko - Red in dash, 3 blues, including PSpec. Strongest CB in class, plus has size to convert to S if we want. Bars very solid.

CB Rusty Davidson - Top rated CB left. Red in dash and agility, 2 blues. Top PSpec in class. Bars show strong in zone, but mediocre overall. Though combines, volatility 88 and scout rating VU suggest he could boom as well.
Zach White is clearly the most talented (per combines) player left on the board, perhaps in the whole draft. But that conflict has me a bit nervous. Pretko is an interesting prospect, as he could be a top corner or could convert to be that safety we're looking for.

So what do we do here, faithful readers? Trade up to get the guy we want? Or wait to see who falls? And if we trade up, who do we take?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote