View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #125
revrew
Team Chaplain

At 2.23 we have the following options:
CB Blaine Covington - Highest available CB. 3 blues, affinity match. His bars are lower than his combines, but with big punishing hitter bar, high volatility, scouted at VU, he could be breakout candidate. Doesn't look like star material, however.

WLB David Winslett - One red (agil), 2 blues. Huge run stuffing bar, would make perfect goalline WLB. No special teams. Definitely a decent choice, but is it worth it in the 2nd to take a guy who will rarely ever see the field?

CB Courtney Murphy - #5 CB left on board, 6'2, 205, affinity match with 4 blues. Not strong enough, I don't think, to play safety, but he specializes in run defense and zone D. Has very solid bars, including both PH and INT. If those bars hold, and his combines suggest they will, would make excellent dime/backup CB who could start in injury situations.

DT Mel Thomas - #8 DT left, 3 blues, including bench press and dash. Well rounded bars, with pass rush strength the highest. Not a dominant force vs. run, however, and his agil rating is black.
Frankly, these are some solid choices. Any of the 4 would make a good player, but in thinking about fit, I'm leaning toward Murphy or Winslett.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote