View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #131
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Half the field is for M4A, and until last night, Harris' rhetoric was far more Gillibrand (who is also a sponsor of Sanders' bill) and Buttigieg- M4A is the goal, but in the interim, lets do a public option and build on top of that.

Both have jumped on board Green New Deal as has Gillibrand, Warren, Booker, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Yang, and Williamson, but neither was really the architect. One can easily say that both Harris and Sanders are mirror Inslee (or AOC, really).

Harris's history on policing has been very different than Sanders (and not very promising for a Democratic candidate for WH). I believe she's changed her tune a bit, but she was against a body cam bill for police and she was fine with mass incarceration for drugs... until she started running. (an area where Harris falls well short of the rest of the field). This is where Harris gets the most concern.

Most of the field has the same positions on abortion/social issues/and gun control. In fact, Sanders is probably the most pro-gun candidate in the field (maybe Klobuchar) - this was a big point brought up in 2016 as well.

Just about all the candidates have the same stance on immigration (as you heard last night), and the War in Afghanistan. Even Biden. Biden is more free trade than the others (which I like about Biden).

Harris is far closer, IMO, to Gillibrand and Booker than she is to Sanders. I think perhaps in your list of positions, you don't realize that most of the people running adhere to a lot of those positions (though some regard them aspirational as opposed to this is what we need to pass now - like Sanders does).