View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

INITIAL SETUP
  • Universe in Year 14, starting in 2021. I controlled the team myself 2008-2019. I let the AI control everything starting in 2020. My first QB was about to retire at that point, so I thought it would be kind of fun to start from scratch with a team that already has records and whatnot in place.
  • Empty Cupboard. Released everyone. Starting from scratch. Only players who come into the league in 2021 or later will be on my roster.
  • IHOF Structure. My team is Tucker
  • Injuries: 250
  • Cap Increase Range: 99 to 99
  • MAIN STREET LEVEL--I know this sounds weird, but I'm seeing some things that indicate that at Main Street level, it's easier for the AI teams to manage themselves financially. I suspect that with stringent financial rules on myself, this will actually make the game more challenging, not less.

HOUSE RULES

Salary Cap
  • I will begin by operating at all times under the constraint of using 50% or less of the salary cap. If this turns out to be too easy or too hard, I can change it as we go along.

Staff Hiring
  • All staff must be hired to 5-year deals.
  • No replacing staff under contract.
  • If a staff position in open in the third week, a requested offer may be given.
Franchise/Summer/FA1:1
  • Franchise tag may be used, but it must be on a player with loyalty >0, not on an angry or worse player, and never for consecutive years.
  • Summer league player must be from fourth round or later.
  • Renegotiations can be done in these circumstances:
    • Final year of contract, and must be requested offer only (If he's requesting one year, then he's gonna be a FA and get that type of contract from me on the open market.)
    • Cap outs
    • Holdouts
Early Free Agency
  • All contracts offered to unrestricted free agents must contain at least 50% bonus, with one exception: one-year minsal deals are allowed if the player will take them--but no longer than one year.
Trading
  • AI-offered trades may be accepted.
  • Draft pick trades are allowed, but all picks received from the AI must be current year only.
Training Camp
  • No more than 53 players carried to camp.
In-Season
  • AI will control all depth charts.
  • Injury rate is 250
  • My offensive game plan will only use the sets with at least two tight ends.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-05-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote