View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 06:12 PM   #966
Radii
Head Coach

Keeping the focus on twitch, but making it more relevant to this thread, I have a few streamer friends from Europe who are not attending TwitchCon this year in part due to the way the current political climate and how gun violence is being portrayed. I've attended the last two years, and will be going again this year. Twitch Security involves funnelling everyone in through two main entrances (or it did last year at the long beach convention center), where you have to go through a metal detector, empty your pockets and have your belongings go through a scanner similar to an airport.

The problem is that there are hundreds of other doors around the convention center. They are locked from the outside, and there is security casually posted around the area, but people are allowed to exit from all of those side doors, leaving ample opportunity for people to get in without going through the metal detectors.

Given the number of shootings in the US, the terrible user base on twitch itself, and the extremely poor security the last two years around countless exit points, yeahh, I'm going, but the thought has crossed my mind that it actually does feel like a small risk being there.

Last edited by Radii : 08-27-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote